Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if anyones ever painted a stainless slide XD ? if so what did you use ? duracoat ? krylon ? engine paint ? pics would be appreciated .

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Lots of people have used different coatings. Look in the photo gallery and you'll see a few there. I'm sure some have refinished their stainless slides.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I HAVE TRIED MOST IF NOT ALL. PERSONALLY, KG IS THE CHOICE OF SEVERAL MANUFACTURERS AND MOST SERIOUS AND GOVERNMENT COATERS... FROM WHAT I HAVE GATHERED. I coat slides for all my person guns. LAST GREAT AND LOOKS GREAT TOO.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
If I were to recoat any of my guns (and I may be doing up a 1911 soon...) it'll be with Cerakote. Fantastic coating that is durable, relatively cheap, and available in quite a few colors. Not as 'colorful' as duracoat, but enough colors are offered to get you buy. I've had two guns coated in it and it's fantastic.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Wife wants me to duracoat her XD 9 when she gets it pink! I told her she's ruining a perfectly good gun.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Wife wants me to duracoat her XD 9 when she gets it pink! I told her she's ruining a perfectly good gun.
Ha, hey whatever gets them into guns is worth it, right? Might look pretty sick if you did the polish on all the accent pieces and pins.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but how well do these coatings stay put on the plastic XD frames?
I've duracoated frames and slides and it wears better than bluing on the slides and has yet to wear through on a frame even going in and out of a kydex holster in IDPA and IPSC matches.

One caveat, always loctite your sights again after you duracoat. The duracoat dissolves the loctite and if the sights aren't peened in place you'll have the dreaded sliding sight effect and wind up throwing rounds all over the range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts