Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Springfiled said buy some white model paint and use a toothpick to apply it to the "hole". Just strange that the sights on a brand new gun have to be fixed, albeit minor.

**Sorry, meant to spell it as SIGHTS in the title**

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
Yeah strange, but no big deal. If you couldn't fix them with about 1 minute of work then I would be pissed.

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah strange, but no big deal. If you couldn't fix them with about 1 minute of work then I would be pissed.
Yeah, guess you're right. It's just the principle of having to do anything to a gun that's brand new. Oh well, will eventually get night sights. This is the kind of luck I have. If it's something, strange, weird, unseen or extraordinary you can bet I'll be involved.

·
Super Moderator
46,392 Posts
Hadn't had that happen with any or mine in the past....

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
I'm guessing some air got underneath it, creating a bubble that popped. I'd be putting on night sights anyways, so that wouldn't bother me. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
wow Springfield... lots of companys could stand to learn from walmarts return policy's:)

nice to know the paint comes off tho... I want to make mine all black. time to get the actone out

Springfiled said buy some white model paint and use a toothpick to apply it to the "hole". Just strange that the sights on a brand new gun have to be fixed, albeit minor.

**Sorry, meant to spell it as SIGHTS in the title**

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Waiting on my new Xdm 9mm to arrive on Thursday, I will check the sights first.

Have you given any thought on white out. I used it on a Beretta that had no color on the front blade...Still there after several years and lives in a holster.

Bill

·
Banned
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well its fixed. The wife had some white acrylic arts and crafts paint around the house. Used a toothpick and carefully put a little down in there, problem fixed.

Glad I didn't send it back. I think it's exactly what somebody else said, it was an air bubble that popped.

·
Registered
329 Posts
My new Springfield 1911 had the same thing, I haven't got around trying the pant and toothpick yet I haven't decided if I'm sticking with the stock ones.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Since it takes probably less than a minute, and very easy, it seems like you would fix it either way. :)

·
Registered
334 Posts
Sucks your new gun had a flaw, but

The reason springfield told you to fix it rather than send it to them to have them fix it is because you can fix it the same way they would in a few minutes rather than wait a few weeks.

Heard nothing but good things about SA customer service.

-Tim

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hurry, go to the range! The lil white dot will be a faded memory after sending thousands of BB's downrange with Zero failures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts