Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If their are any ojections using the Extreme Schock in a 40sw In the XD please inform me!

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I would be extremely shocked if that combination works......nah as long as the ammo is in specs there should be no problem.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
OOOOH....!! Are ya going with the "EXTREME FANG-FACE" or the "NYTRYLIUM SMART BULLET"?....

Their advertising grates on me. The product may be fine but if it is, why pimp it with a 2-page spread in every gun rag on the planet?

Gold Dots, Hydra-Shoks, etc. give you dead intruders without the hype.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I tried the Extreme Shock Fang face in .45 ACP. Did not seem hotter then normal ammo, functioned fine. Unfortunately I was not allowed to set up a watermellon or any other target up that would show terminal effects at my range :cry: . It should work in a XD.

·
Registered
580 Posts
my best friend bought a package of 6 in 9mm. gave me 3 for my USP, and 3 for his walther p99. mine went fine. a hair more kick. the first shot locked his gun up. he dropped the mag, and neither of us could get the slide back. it was stuck about 1/2 inch rearward. took it to the smith, and when my bud heard "gorilla grip" he nearly shat himself.

came back fixed. don't know for sure...but we think the case messed up. we then dismantled the remaining bullets and pitched them in the river. he said never again, and he's held true.

:)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I seriously doubt that Extreme shock performs even as well as good quality JHP ammo from the major bullet companies. even if ti did it has the possibility of being a serious disadvantage if you actually have to use it.

rest assured that if you end up in court over a shooting and you use this type ammo your gonna see all those advertising slogans and names again. the prosecutor or the Attorney for the plantiff is going to be presenting them to the jury to try and make you appear to be a sadistic nutcase for whom regular JHP like the police use wasnt enough. you had to have extreme shock, with bullets called "fang face" which promised "Shape Charge like performance."

·
Registered
513 Posts
Dont buy into the hype. Stick with quality HP's and you will be happy. Extreme Shock is a "NEW" ammo used by the elite military and air marshalls non of which can be confirmed.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Gold Dots. Hydrashocks. CorBons. I stay away from the Extreme Shock rounds because I don't want to breathe Nytrillium particles.

Also, my Psychic asked that Russian Boar for his side of the story and he said "Yeah, I saw that Ad, and what you didn't see was that Bitch-Ass Russkie shoot me right between the eyes while 6 of his dogs were holding me still. Well lemme tell ya, I got somethin' for his punk ass when he gets here. Let's see if they let him bring any Nytrillium with him to the Afterlife". :twisted:

·
Registered
813 Posts
well, when they say used, they mean "tried out". Course they don't say "tried out and found to be crap so they declined using it"

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Dragoon44 said:
rest assured that if you end up in court over a shooting and you use this type ammo your gonna see all those advertising slogans and names again. the prosecutor or the Attorney for the plantiff is going to be presenting them to the jury to try and make you appear to be a sadistic nutcase for whom regular JHP like the police use wasnt enough. you had to have extreme shock, with bullets called "fang face" which promised "Shape Charge like performance."
That's a damn good point.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Son of Norway said:
Dragoon44 said:
That's a damn good point.
I agree better advise would be to practice shooting in more realistic scenarios so when the time comes the perp doesn't make it to court because he got a head and chest full of walmart special ammunition.

Really the whole debate about hollowpoints etc is mute if the guy gets shot in the head or heart.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts