Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like my 3.3". There was a thread about the 4.5s from almost a year ago. Any new ownership on the forum since then? I've not seen one in person, but I'm thinking a slightly longer butt would be good with the longer barrel.

So anybody have one and want to comment on it?

Thanks

·
Registered
137 Posts
Don't have one but do have the 3.3. It is my most carried and favorite of my other guns.Don't know if the added length would make that much difference and may be hard to find.Don't make a hasty change and then regret it.

·
Registered
157 Posts
two 4.5's in 10MM.
fine pistol.
carrying currently because my intent is to spend vacation in Michigan's UP.
hey are heavier, especially loaded with 220 grain solids.
i added a solid guide rod and heavier recoil spring to both.
two of my favorites. i actually sold one of my Glock 10's to purchase #2.
difficult to conceal.

·
Registered
EDC Springfield XDE 45. Beretta PX4 40 and 45, Compact 9mm. Sig P-220 10mm, NAA 22-mag revolver.
219 Posts
Don't have one but do have the 3.3. It is my most carried and favorite of my other guns.Don't know if the added length would make that much difference and may be hard to find.Don't make a hasty change and then regret it.
That’s kind of what I was thinking. The extra length of the barrel might help performance-wise for both the “runways” on the 9 mm and the 45 ACP version but other than that, I feel pretty confident that my 3.3 45 loaded with the short-barrel Speer Gold Dot 230 grain hollow points will do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
EDC Springfield XDE 45. Beretta PX4 40 and 45, Compact 9mm. Sig P-220 10mm, NAA 22-mag revolver.
219 Posts
two 4.5's in 10MM.
fine pistol.
carrying currently because my intent is to spend vacation in Michigan's UP.
hey are heavier, especially loaded with 220 grain solids.
i added a solid guide rod and heavier recoil spring to both.
two of my favorites. i actually sold one of my Glock 10's to purchase #2.
difficult to conceal.
Uh, The XDE doesn’t yet come in at 10 mm… LOL. Not exactly sure I’d want one being that the 45 ACP version is a pretty snappy little pistol.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I had the XDE .45 and it was a sweet shooting gun. But I sold it and bought a Sig 365XL and it being 9mm it feels like I'm shoot a 22 compared to the .45acp

·
Registered
219 Posts
I had the XDE .45 and it was a sweet shooting gun. But I sold it and bought a Sig 365XL and it being 9mm it feels like I'm shoot a 22 compared to the .45acp
So did you not consider that 9mm XDE at all? I just don’t care for striker-fired guns irregardless of the make so I guess I just don’t see how that Sig P365 became an alternative to what seems to be a reduction/improvement in recoil which, you know as well as I do since you had one that the XDE 45 is almost too small to be that large of a caliber but if it didn’t work out, I probably would’ve ended up with the 9mm XDE because I love the manual of arms of the XDE.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've got the XDE .45 and added Hogue grips and Trijicon night sights and have no problems shooting it. But I did pick up a Sig 365XL and added the Hogue grips, a Grayguns trigger, spring kit and pinky extension on the magazines.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I've got the XDE .45 and added Hogue grips and Trijicon night sights and have no problems shooting it. But I did pick up a Sig 365XL and added the Hogue grips, a Grayguns trigger, spring kit and pinky extension on the magazines. View attachment 843941
Soo, what’s the deal, did you keep the XDE or sell it? Your other post I quoted says you sold it and this one says you kept it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts