Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We always had birdshot rounds in .22 and even some in .357... but is there a such thing for 9mm? Wouldn't be bad for hiking etc. if you happen to run onto a copperhead or rattlesnake that appeared out of nowhere. Anyone know of any?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Technically it is called snakeshot and yes, you can buy it. I just now called one of the S. Calif. chains and they carry it. If my Godforsaken state sells it, yours probably does also. They also have it in 38cal., I used to have some years ago when my former dept. used revolvers (prior to 89)

·
Registered
308 Posts
CCI loads it in the Blazer line it comes in 10 round packs. It's available in 9mm, .40, .45acp, and 38/357. Be advised, the automatic rounds are not going to reliably function in automatics.

P

·
0 Posts
i have used the cci blazer shotshells in .40 and they are designed to operate in auto loaders. infact they have a big old warning about not for use in revolvers you can find it online for around 5-6 bucks per 10 rounds. it is expensive but is pretty damn good for a pistol shot shell round.

·
Registered
342 Posts
is the bang as loud on these snakeshot cartridges?

P

·
0 Posts
no it is mor elike a really weak round. it has a different sound all together. i mean when i was shooting the .40 shotshells there was almost no felt recoil, almost like a 22 pistol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts