Springfield XD Forum banner

Any experiences with the S&W Bodyguard 380?

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Kansas Slim 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm looking at adding a small pocket gun to my collection as carrying my USP or XD can be a chore sometimes in FL in the middle of summer.

The 380 Bodyguard caught my eye and i was hoping to hear some 1st hand experiences with them.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
I own one, best buy so far. I listed my XDsc for sale, because my Bodyguard 380, is always in my pocket even now that I got home 2 1/2 hours ago.
I got almost 400 rounds in mine without a single problem, eats everything I feed to him, have real sights, stays open after the last round and....have a laser!!!
If you figure out you can have one for $ 350 give or take, and substruct the price of a laser, how much cost the gun?
Besides, a pocket gun (to me) needs a safety, and this one have one.
Great gun, very little recoil compared to the LCP and the taurus.

#3 ·
I like mine so far. Have had no feed problems. I have only about 200 rounds through mine.
The only issue is the laser is a little hard to turn on with the left side button. The laser was a little off so when I was trying to fine tune it, I messed it up. You need to make very small adjustments.
I would be nice if it came with an extra magazine.

#5 ·
I concur with the above, mine is nice. I did have a problem findind a holster that did not turn on the laser when being inserted etc. I did have my right side laser button stop working. S&W said pull the laser send it back, no problem. Took the slide off unscrewed the laser, took it out and tried the buttons on unit both worked, put it back in, works fine, maybe just a contact or dirty button. No problems at all, usually carry it as my back up for my springfield XD SC .40

#6 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, ended up buying myself one. Loving how much easier it is to carry in a hurry.
I'm looking at picking up a Crossbreed Snapslide or micro clip for the thing, figure the kydex should help with not putting pressure on the buttons. I'm using a pocket holster right now which I hate doing.

#7 ·
Sweet I was just going to start a thread like this. Turns out my dept. got a deal on these so we group bought 22 of em, mine should be here in a month. I had seen youtube vid of the take-down lever moving and people shooting the slides off. Seems to be an early production flaw that has been fixed though.

#8 ·
Owned mines for about 2 months got it for $399 at local gun shop, I love the sights on this little mouse gun compared to the ruger lcp and the Taurus tcp, however after taking it to the range to get use to it, tried to put 100 rds down on a single visit but was not able to get no more then 35 rds out, it hurts to shoot, I know it's not a range gun, it's a pocket backup gun or a shorts and tshirt carry, maybe it's my big hands that can't get a comfortable grip causing the pain but overall nice piece and a kydex holster works for me, I'm looking for a pocket clip like the make for the keltec and the ruger lcp.

#9 ·
I have an LCP, but I really love the way the Bodyguard grip feels. However, the safety is so small I don't see how anyone could use it under duress.

Might I also recommend carrying the fantastic Speer 90 grain Gold-Dots in it. I've seen a bunch of tests with this load and I am absolutely confident that it would do whatever I could ask a .380 to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.