Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am trying to decide between Springfield and Rick to do my trigger and re-finish job (as well as the TFO sights). Has anyone had any experience with Srinfield? I know everyone is happy with canyon creek, but they are a little more expensive and I usually stick with stock, or products offered from the company for any mods to anything. Thanks in advance. This is a great site.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Well my personal choice would be Canyon Creek. Rich has done the following for me 1.) Trigger Job with Over Travel/Reset/Pretravel
4# for carry 2.)Polished Feed Ramp 3)Installed TFO sights.

I would have had him apply an after market finish, but I didn't hear or know about Canyon Creek until I already had a finish applied.

Also from what I've read on this board Canyon Creek has excellent turn around time.

Here is a link also of what others think of Rich's trigger job and SA trigger job.

http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=22686&highlight=

Hope this helps

·
Registered
885 Posts
I sent my Tac. in for the Black-T finish and a trigger job. They also installed NS I supplied. The only this I did not like was the wait on the Black-T. There was a massive back log and it took a while. Other than that the experience was great. The Black-T is nice aqnd the trigger is awesome. I would ask them when you call to get the RMA number how long you can expect to wait.

HTH

Later,
Jeff

·
Registered
81 Posts
I sent my XD9 Service Model to SA's Custom Shop and had them do the competition action job on it. I was very pleased with it. Trigger pull is at 3 1/2 #, the pre-travel is dramatically reduced and the over-travel is virtually eliminated and is adjustable. They also polished a number of the internal parts as well as the feed ramp. One advantage to using SA is that the full warranty is still applicable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for your input. Ten to 12 weeks however is way too long, I need to qualify with this gun in the next 3 weeks. I think I will just go to canyon creek. I have never heard a negitive report on that vendor, and his turn-arounds (from what I have read here), are MUCH faster.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I may have to send in my Service just to get night sights! Two diffent gunsmiths could not get the front sight to budge and one was using a press made especially for removal of the sights. :x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts