Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've put 350 rounds of cheap Blazer (aluminum casings)ammo through my new XD9, anything to worry about long term? Would it be better to pay a buck extra and get the brass?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Unless you can find brass ammo that's cheaper or you reload I wouldn't bother. Blazer won't harm your gun.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Blazer is all I buy for target ammo. Blazer from academy is the best deal on 9mm ammo in the nation.

brad cook

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DigMe said:
Blazer is all I buy for target ammo. Blazer from academy is the best deal on 9mm ammo in the nation.

brad cook
I agree, thats where I've been getting mine and thats why I use it :lol:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Nope. No drawback if you have a local Academy and can buy it for $3.86/50 and have a place to shoot it. It works fine in my gun and allows me to shoot far more than I would have otherwise.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
I've probaly shot more aluminum Blazer than anything else. Never had any problems I could attribute to the ammo.

bd

·
Registered
298 Posts
the only downsides are that you can't reload them and i have to pick them off of the floor instead of sweeping everything together because our rangemaster doesn't like it mixing in with the brass.

I think they shoot better than WWB.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yep, I like it in both 9mm and .45 ACP. I've shot thousands of rounds of it now with only one bad one. That's pretty good considering the price. It is accurate enough that I use it for USPSA competitions too! :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
I got a bunch of blazer in 357 sig that I shoot in my XD and have had no problems with. I did however contact Blazer about the ammo because I couldn't find it listed on their web site and was advised that it will not be made for 357 sig anymore.. any info on this from anyone??

G20

·
Registered
595 Posts
Blazer aluminun case ammo is an excellent choice for target practice. When the worn extractor on my HS2000 would not grip on brass cases, I was still able to shoot the Blazer aluminum.

·
Registered
86 Posts
GLOCKTENMAN,

The reason for CCI not making the Blazer 357 Sig round is because of bullet setback. It seems the aluminum cases aren't strong enough to keep the bullet from setback in normal use (feeding from the magazine to the barrel). I had about 500 rounds of this stuff and my G-32 didn't like it at all. WAY too many failure to fires.

·
Banned
3,861 Posts
The aluminum case is already kinda cool by the time it goes down your shirt.....brass is still holding heat.

:wink:

bd

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
BD has a great reason to move :) Anyone who has had hot brass get caught in your shirt knows how uh... uncomfortable... that can become after a few seconds of the "get the #$%^ out of my shirt" dance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
willbond said:
Nope. No drawback if you have a local Academy and can buy it for $3.86/50 and have a place to shoot it. It works fine in my gun and allows me to shoot far more than I would have otherwise.
What's this academy ya'll are talking about? I'd fall over if I saw 50 rds of .9mm for $3.86. Cheapest I have found is at Walmart for $6.xx. They beat cheaperthandirt since I don't have shipping charges to deal with.

·
Registered
196 Posts
wfrazee said:
BD has a great reason to move :) Anyone who has had hot brass get caught in your shirt knows how uh... uncomfortable... that can become after a few seconds of the "get the #$%^ out of my shirt" dance.
:laughs like a schoolgirl:

GhostDog, Academy Sports is a sports store found only in the Southeast I think (think...) that just happens to sell 9mm Blazer ammo rediculously cheap. All their other Blazer ammo is pricier. Check it out at www.academy.com. They have a store locater.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts