Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up one of these from a buddy kinda on a whim. I've read enough on the Tokarev found to raise my curiosity. Seems that with JHPs, it can serve as a fair defense round, but just want to have fun with it for the most part. Any advice or "gotchas" would be welcome.

·
Banned
1,790 Posts
dont dry fire it. the firing pin will break if you do. It will last forever if you do NOT dry fire it.

I would not use the PPU 85 grain JHP. It fragments fast and does not penetrate enough.

Go here to order some serious carry/defense ammo. Reeds is awesome ammo!! I like the 100 grain XTP.

7.62x25 - Reed's Ammunition & Research, LLC

Hope this helps some. Have fun. Them critters are accurate and tough!!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
^What he said. I don't know that I'd use it as a home defense weapon though. I think the round is too hot and so you wind up putting holes through things instead of in things. For example, I saw a test online where guys took several handguns and shot at a military kevlar helmet. The CZ was the only one to actually go through both sides at 25 yards. Other than that, it is a blast to shoot but heavy.

·
Registered
95 Posts
The ammo is silly cheap as long as you stay away from the stuff for the sub machine gun, because you wont have a pistol long. Ive got one with a 9mm conversion barrel and its pretty fun in both rounds to shoot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts