Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The West Tennessee Coyote Hunters Association is sponsoring an Open Hunt on the 7th of February 2009.
Fees are minimal and many Nice prizes will be awarded.

If your interested or know an avid Predator Hunter, Please contact:
Randy Prince at [email protected] for more information!

Last year over 100 hunters participated in the contest and Many Coyotes and Bobcats were taken.

Regards and Good Hunting

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I'm in Ohio and we're going to try it for the first time tonight. It should be just right as we have clear skies and a full moon. I have a remote caller and a decoy. Good luck with your tournament.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I have had really good luck with an Edge coyote decoy using a male challenge call to bring them into range at night.The decoy is so real looking (even tho it doesn't have lower legs)that when I brought it home my dogs growled and barked, then sniffed its butt.It was hysterical they looked at me as if to say "this 'yote's butt smells like plastic".The cat just ran and hid.I use pet toys on a stiff wire stuck in the dirt for daytime decoys,they look real and are cheap to buy.Good luck on your hunt.

·
Premium Member
1,679 Posts
I saw those decoys, appears to me that they would work best while they are mating.

We ended up scrubbing the hunt tonight, clouds rolled in and started getting real windy. We'll try again some other time.

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
I'm not a very successful coyote hunter but I do hunt them every so often.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
I saw those decoys, appears to me that they would work best while they are mating.

We ended up scrubbing the hunt tonight, clouds rolled in and started getting real windy. We'll try again some other time.
They do work best during mating season, especially if you use the female mating call on your caller.They work well now too because their prey is not as plentiful, and they are protecting their territories from other 'yote's poaching.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
The West Tennessee Coyote Hunters Association is sponsoring an Open Hunt on the 7th of February 2009.
Fees are minimal and many Nice prizes will be awarded.

If your interested or know an avid Predator Hunter, Please contact:
Randy Prince at [email protected] for more information!

Last year over 100 hunters participated in the contest and Many Coyotes and Bobcats were taken.

Regards and Good Hunting

So how did this thing go? any pics? stories?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts