Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Local store in Seattle (Outdoor Emporium) & Fife (SPORTCO) have this model advertised on sale for $999. Thinking about adding it to my collection since I did so well on not purchasing any firearms since last September. Fire away with the Pro's & Con's!

Firearm Gun Rifle Trigger Assault rifle

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I have one in FDE

Its a great rifle, I love mine. If you're looking for a solid AR and don't feel like building one...this would be my first recommendation.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
I have the exact same thing as b3t.

There's nothing bad about it. It's the standard for a reason. You might be able to find one for cheaper though.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have the 6920 without the magpul furniture but still love it. Put a drop in quad rail and I'm mostly happy. I would like to take the a2 front post off and have flip up front but other than that, I don't regret getting colt. I could have saved money by building or peicing but was my first ar. I've put around 800 through 1000 rounds down range and not one problem. 999 with magpul furniture is a good price compared what they go in my area. They go for about 1200 before taxes and background fees. I paid 1100 for mine with the Gi style furniture.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
I've also got the FDE version. Solid, shoots better than I'm capable of.

It can be found a bit cheaper online, but after figuring shipping and FFL fee, might be nearly a wash with the local price you're getting. Oh, there's the sales tax.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
No downside to the Colt. It is the standard. I would venture to guess the 6920 is the best selling AR model in the country.

Reactions: AWDeanSR

·
Registered
34 Posts
I purchased the same Colt at LGS for $899.00 about 6 weeks ago. Nice to see Colts below a grand!! Shop around a little for price!!
Good luck.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I'd shop around. Even walmart should have them cheaper.

Gunbroker has them for $900, most for $30 shipping and a $20 FFL fee and you've got $50 for ammo

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have one myself and highly recommend it. I did not install the vertical grip. I did add a Magpul sling and a Holosun red dot sight. Enjoy yours.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
If you've got the cash for it, go for it. Like others have said, there may be a better deal found online, but if you frequent this store for other reasons, I see no need to support an online vendor when there is someone locally that you already support.

Reactions: unclejed

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I bought a Magpul 6920 about a month before Sandy Hook happened for $1150. I'm saving it for my daughter, but it's a Colt so should be good to go. Really can't go wrong especially for the price they now go for.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have one in FDE

Its a great rifle, I love mine. If you're looking for a solid AR and don't feel like building one...this would be my first recommendation.
What kind of optic is that you have mounted on the rail?

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
I've just put a Bushnell TRS-25 with medium (.83") riser on mine. Too cold and snowy yet to go put that through its paces.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts

I picked this LE6940 over a 6920 in my lgs last year. This one just kinda called to me. I won't be letting go of it any time soon.

Unless the price is right and I have a spare lol

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
I've just put a Bushnell TRS-25 with medium (.83") riser on mine. Too cold and snowy yet to go put that through its paces.
Sounds like the perfect time for it! I'm waiting for Slowmetto State Armory to send my trs32 that I ordered last week...

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
The Colt 6920 is to the AR world what the Glock 19 is to the 9mm pistol world.

Whenever someone asks, "what XXX should I get?" ...those two are obvious answers in their respective categories.

Yes...buy the Colt M4 and don't look back.

I have 2 Colt ARs and want a third! LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts