Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard if any barrel manufacturers like storm lake, efk, lone wolf, ect that make or have plans of making aftermarket and conversion barrels for the xdm 10mm? I did some google fu but didn't come up with anything. I know the xdm 10 is still newish but i would think there would be enough demand to make it worth tooling up for. I don't know about anyone else. But i would be in the market for a 6" 10mm barrel and maybe a conversion barrel or two. 9x25 dillion would be fun to play around with or just a plain ol 40 short and weak to take advantage free range brass.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
You would think any XD in 40 S&W could be swapped out.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Barrel should be the same diameter. Same bullet, just a longer brass case.

Magazine body may need to be a 45 though so the longer case would work, but it would probably be cheaper just to buy a whole new gun compared to buying a new barrel and stronger recoil spring and whatever else.

·
Registered
83 Posts
They’re not made yet, but...the SA aftermarket is pretty slow to respond to new models.
I could probably be talked into a threaded barrel for my 10mm XD(M) 5.25. But then I'd probably need suppressor height sights and there's the cost of the stamp. Maybe I should be happy that there isn't anything to tempt me right now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Somebody with both a 10 and a .40 needs to do a comparison; I’m thinking that since the 10 is based on the larger .45 body, that the barrel will have different exterior dimensions than the .40...but, maybe not.
I have a 4.5 .40 and the 5.25 10mm the barrel hood is a good 0.1” longer in the 10mm a 40 barrel will not fit.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You would think any XD in 40 S&W could be swapped out.
No need to swap barrels according to military Arms channel. Check out this video. At 23:10 he shoots 40 s&W out of his 10 mm barrel.....and it runs like a champ!

Would it work in a longer barrel? I have no idea, somebody would have to try it out and post their results.

·
Registered
29,565 Posts
No need to swap barrels according to military Arms channel. Check out this video. At 23:10 he shoots 40 s&W out of his 10 mm barrel.....and it runs like a champ!

Would it work in a longer barrel? I have no idea, somebody would have to try it out and post their results.
He's an idiot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with BAR-STO Barrels on any of their XDm models? XD-M Barrels Archives - Bar-Sto

I have an XDm 4.5 10mm and I'm looking to extend the barrel past 5in so I can legally hunt with it in Utah.

I'm considering the extended and ported or possibly just the 5.25 barrel. The extended and ported takes the length to 5.4 and you have to choose 1-3 ports. I would probably only go with 1 port or possibly 2 if I could be certain I wouldn't loose much muzzle velocity.

XD-M 4.5 10mm Extended & Ported - Bar-Sto

XD-M 5.25 10 MM - Bar-Sto

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes and no lol, I have a barsto barrel for my XDM 4.5 10mm. But it's a 9x25 dillon. Its extended and threaded so it is 5.3 inches. My XDM is the OSP version though so it came with a 5.3 threaded barrel that was 5.3" also. The barsto barrel is accurate and is machined well.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with BAR-STO Barrels on any of their XDm models? XD-M Barrels Archives - Bar-Sto

I have an XDm 4.5 10mm and I'm looking to extend the barrel past 5in so I can legally hunt with it in Utah.

I'm considering the extended and ported or possibly just the 5.25 barrel. The extended and ported takes the length to 5.4 and you have to choose 1-3 ports. I would probably only go with 1 port or possibly 2 if I could be certain I wouldn't loose much muzzle velocity.

XD-M 4.5 10mm Extended & Ported - Bar-Sto

XD-M 5.25 10 MM - Bar-Sto
Barstow barrels are top of the line! I have one for a glock in 357 sig.
Don

1 - 20 of 20 Posts