Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much debating and soul searching, I think I want to get the C-TAC. It seems to me one of the most stable setups out there.

Of course, there's the Blade-Tech UCH and IWB that I'd been considering too, and for $20 or so less.

Basically, I want ya'll's opinion (which I trust) on this matter, so any thoughts on these that ya'll could provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
mr0w1

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why did you send the c-tac back?

also, i realize that you have to spend money to get a good holster, but is it worth the $115 they want for it? and it seems to me that during the summer that giant peice of leather in your pants would get quite hot.

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
It's pricey (Answer) and that sucks but I ended up with a big red spot on my hip from the C-TAC. The Answer is more comfy. I haven't noticed any heat related problems at all. The Answer can be a little itchy at first if you place it against your skin but that goes away. With it placed against your t shirt it's just fine. If I ever decide to replace it I would replace it with a shoulder holster but that's not likely.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
where o'clock were you wearing the c-tac? and what gun were you carrying? also, are you saying the c-tac is a bad holster, or just that the answer is better?

again, thanks for your time. i hope i'm not bothering. it's just a lot of money to drop on a holster and i like being well informed.

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
I was wondering the same. . . I'm looking at finding a tuckable holster and I've been looking at both the C.T.A.C. and The Answer.

Krackels

·
Registered
449 Posts
I carry my Walther P99 in a C-TAC and I think it's great. It's really comfortable to me (I carry about 3 o'clock with it). After xmas I am going to order one for my XD9 sub.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The C-TAC is a good holster but I'd love to have The Answer some day. The C-TAC can sometimes be uncomfortable because the heads of the screws that are used to attach the kydex clips to the leather straps can poke and rub you. Also it's just not as comfortable having kydex against you as it is to have leather. That's just common sense...I always wear an undershirt and even then the rubbing can still be a little uncomfortable sometimes.

Another C-TAC user told me he put some adhesive mole skin on his screws and it's more comfortable. I haven't tried it yet but I will.

BTW, the kydex part of The Answer is made by Comp-Tac so you're getting the best of both worlds with The Answer.

brad cook

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wellllllll....i'm thinking i'm going to get a c-tac. i know that when i suggest something to someone, and they ignore it, i find it frustrating (even if i don't know the person). so one-eyed-fatman and DigMe, i hope you don't take this as me ignoring your advice. i indeed heeded, noted and value it.

my motivation behind this is that i've seen enough good reviews for it on various forums and enough people who said it's good, but <insert holster name here> is better that it can't be a bad holster (i've seen plenty of reviews on holsters that are just flat out bad). i'm having a hard time making myself pay $70+ on a c-tac (even though i know you get what you pay for), but i simply cannot afford an answer.

that said, thanks for your help and advice. i hope i don't sound like a moron for all my justifying...

mr0w1

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i feel like such a n00b asking this, but i have to be absolutely positive on this: on www.holsterz.com, they have the c-tac for SA-XD 9 SC. this will fit the xd40 SC, yes? i feel certain it does, but as it isn't actually listed there, i have to ask to make sure...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one-eyed-fatman said:
Let us know what you think of the C-TAC once you try it out for a while. Been there, done that, keeping my Answer. Good luck.
will do. thanks

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
mr0w1 said:
i feel like such a n00b asking this, but i have to be absolutely positive on this: on www.holsterz.com, they have the c-tac for SA-XD 9 SC. this will fit the xd40 SC, yes? i feel certain it does, but as it isn't actually listed there, i have to ask to make sure...
Ask the maker about the holster fitting both guns. The .40 is slightly wider in the slide.

Rob

·
Registered
449 Posts
The C-TAC can sometimes be uncomfortable because the heads of the screws that are used to attach the kydex clips to the leather straps can poke and rub you. Also it's just not as comfortable having kydex against you as it is to have leather.
I don't have a problem with the screws rubbing. Must be a body type / carry position thing. Never carried in a leather holster, but it makes sense it might be more comfy.

·
Registered
196 Posts
FYI - I use and love my $35 "Hidden Ally" Highnoon Holster. It's tuckable, comfortable and holds my XD-9SC perfectly and snugly. Only thing is that it does not have an adjustable cant (straight drop cant) but that does not bother me. I wear mine in about the 4:00 position as to not stick out off my hip too far.

FYI - I am 205 & 6' tall so I'm not super thin or large - average build w/ a little bit of a gut (hey, who doesn't except [TASF]Overkill? :lol:) and the concealment is great. Since I got my CCW last month - I've yet to have anyone notice it. I'll post pics when I can or if you want, I can send you some pics. Just let me know.

Regards,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Heres "The answer" on me in my 'off-duty" set up. XD-40 4"

This is with just an ordinary T-Shirt.

I'll be selling this one.. Im going back to my glock for CCW

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
very nice. i'm hoping this c-tac will serve me well. i should have it next week some time. if it doesn't work, i'll probably get the answer...we'll see.

thanks for the pics though (and why going back glock?)

·
Registered
29 Posts
mr0w1 said:
(and why going back glock?)
Thats what I use on duty... To me, they just 'feel' better. Wheather thats emotional or physical, I dunno... lol. And in a tactical situation, I just want the glock.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts