Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a 1911 guy through and through but up until recently I've never like a single DA/SA handgun until I finally bought a Beretta 92A1. I shot a rental 92FS long ago and liked it but it was never a gun I considered when buying new. Well now I think Berettas are the best DA/SA guns out there. :)

So anyone else here like Berettas?

and the oddball out that I also really like...

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I'm personally not a Beretta fan... Then again I've only ever shot the M9. I'm sure the M9 doesnt do civilian guns justice though. IMHO the ones we have a pieces of *****.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Out of my 4 Berettas the Elite is my favorite. Why its my favorite is because of the almost buttery smoothness of the action when racking the slide. All of the 92s have a "D" spring but I installed a Wolff trigger spring unit in the Elite which made it extremely smooth.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
I had a Px4 but i sold it was a great gun though still regret selling it.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
With subsonic ammo super quiet. If you hold the slide from blowing back and make it a one shot even quieter. Only thing about this is because of the way the beretta extraction works it will jam sometimes. But when its clean it will work pretty well with it.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Growing up with "Die Hard" and "Lethal Weapon" movies, I always wanted one. It was the first pistol I ever shot. I've never owned one but I would have no problem with getting one and probably will at some point.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I just qualified 45 out of 45 with my M9 this week. I have no complaints, even as worn out as it was it still shot great. Farthest target was 25yds. course of fire was to put 8 shots in a 12" circle and 4 shots in a 6" circle.

·
Registered
8,351 Posts
model 92 is one of the best 9mm shooters there is. I really dont see how anyone shoots bad with it.

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
Been thinking about a 92 in stainless. We have a rental at the range but it's always in use whenever I go. I'd like to at least try one before makign a purchase.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
I love my 92, especially once I found the Mec-Gar 20 rounders.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Love my stainless Italian 92FS!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don't have me a 92 yet, but I have this lil guy that I picked up for a steal of a deal.

Nice cougar! I believe these are the first Berettas/Stoegers to use the rotating barrel but I could be wrong. I've actually been looking at the Cougars lately but the more compact type.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love my 92, especially once I found the Mec-Gar 20 rounders.

I'd probably run those mags if I used my 92s for competition. Right now I just stocked up on a bunch of 90-Two 17rd. mags since they works in all the models except the PX4s.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Been thinking about a 92 in stainless. We have a rental at the range but it's always in use whenever I go. I'd like to at least try one before makign a purchase.
I'd call ahead and see if they can hold it for you some how. A stainless 92FS is what I rented when I first got into shooting and that gun got stuck in the back of my mind for years. I finally snapped myself into buying one and wished I had done it much sooner.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm personally not a Beretta fan... Then again I've only ever shot the M9. I'm sure the M9 doesnt do civilian guns justice though. IMHO the ones we have a pieces of *****.
Could you have been using the contract mags that induced problems with the M9s? That has been something I've heard quite a bit that it was not the guns but the poor magazines that caused the malfunctions.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Could you have been using the contract mags that induced problems with the M9s? That has been something I've heard quite a bit that it was not the guns but the poor magazines that caused the malfunctions.
It's possible; all our M9s are old and worn out, so it would make sense the mags are as well. Last time I shot, all 3 days of shooting I had FTF issues. Next time I'll use aftermarket mags and see how they work.

Two of the ranges here have rental guns availible; next time I go shoot I might see if they have a 92.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts