Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tempting...but I always find inconsistencies on gun broker. But that will get me started.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Tempting...but I always find inconsistencies on gun broker. But that will get me started.
lol, you must have a difficult life.
Nearly all my guns came from gunbroker including my "inconsistent" WG P226 a few weeks ago.

MAS_0816.JPG

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol, you must have a difficult life.
Nearly all my guns came from gunbroker including my "inconsistent" WG P226 a few weeks ago.

MAS_0816.JPG
Lol well my bad. Im sorry. I just havent been on gunbroker since the little scare happened with prices skyrocketing :p

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Skip the older part and buy an X5.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Skip the older part and buy an X5.
I wouldn't recommend that.
I WOULD recommend a CZ SP-01 with about $200 worth of CGW parts. You'd get a pistol with equal capabilities ( ie FAR beyond any club shooters capability ) for at least $500 less.
However if you want a WG P226, nothing else will suffice, an X-5 is really only related to the 226 anyway, VERY different guns in detail.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I wouldn't recommend that.
I WOULD recommend a CZ SP-01 with about $200 worth of CGW parts. You'd get a pistol with equal capabilities ( ie FAR beyond any club shooters capability ) for at least $500 less.
However if you want a WG P226, nothing else will suffice, an X-5 is really only related to the 226 anyway, VERY different guns in detail.
When I get off my lazy butt I'm going to send my CZ75 off to CGW and get them to work their magic with a budget of around 500-600 dollars. I love the CZ stuff.

BUT,

I'd take my Sig X5 over any 9 I've ever shot. Period. But that's just me.

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
I'd take my Sig X5 over any 9 I've ever shot. Period. But that's just me.
We'll see if you feel the same way after David works his magic. ;-)

I'm wondering if I want to get the slide of my new 75 SS drilled out to accept a solid SS guide rod like my SP-01, purely for flash, I'm sure the 1911-ish short rod is mechanically sufficient.

My list of "maybees" for my SS for CGW:
List of CGW stuff for the 75SS:
Sear, recoil spring pack, 85 trigger, DA hammer spring, grips? Reach reduction kit comes with an 85 trigger, SPGK1 3 piece spring kit, Tuners Pack recoil spring set, SS grip screws, Full length guide rod mod?
That's pretty much everything. There is some overlap in these kits.
Some of these kits already have the separate parts in them, just need to check out what's what. The important ones are the sear and 85 trigger, a lighter recoil spring ( like I did with the SP ) just adds buttah to the mix.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts