Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a mailman in MO and a month or so ago I was delivering to a popular soda company on my route and noticed they added some new signs. They had the smallest no firearms stickers I have ever seen at maybe 2 inches by 3 inches. I don't remember the exact size specification but I know that it is not the legal size so I was talking to the girls that work there and we got on the subject of that. They of course knew nothing about it but thought it was interesting.

Fast forward about three weeks and I get back from vacation and as soon as I walk up I stop in my tracks. They have the largest no concealed carry sign I have ever seen. It is about three foot by four foot. I couldn't help but start laughing. It amazes me how little some people truly know about the laws and the fact they don't think about how any BG does not give a crap about a no gun sign. I will have to try to get pictures of this thing next week.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I agree, exactly what is the point of these signs? What are they trying to accomplish? Obviously permit holders are law abiding citizens, or else they wouldn't have been granted a permit in the first place. Like you said, the only ones ignoring these signs will be the criminals, so what the hell? I don't get it :?::?::?::?::?::?:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yeah, I don't get the ignorance or the blind fear of guns... Sounds like they went from one extreme to the other.

Their changing of the sign could be a lesson to you. If there are requirements to make a sign valid/legal in your state and a particular sign does not meet those requirements, please do not discuss with an employee. Maybe their sign changing had nothing to do with you, but as a general rule, let them keep their invalid sign.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just making conversation with the ladies. This is not a place that customers or anything just go into. The main people that ever go in are their employees. I thought it was funny they posted in the first place because I would think it would be easier to just make it a company policy. I don't normally even bother bringing up the subject with anyone but we were talking about the signs they put up.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
MO is 11"x14" with 1" letters.

Don't ever tell someone they have an invalid sign.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts