Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been to RigRate.com - comparing each. There is quite a bit of price difference. The Answer is about 50 dollars more at 115 and the Milt Sparks is 65. I hear the waiting time is crazy for the Milt Sparks and Old School as the Answer in stock.

Need some opinions though for concealed Carry. Leather with Kydex seems to be the ultimate for comfort and retention, but [email protected]#[email protected]????

Help.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yea, you'll end up payin a bit for top shelf stuff. I have a Milt Sparks Versa MaxII for my 1911 carry. In my opinion there is no better. I am looking at the same situation you are, the Answer or the MS VMII I like the VMII as it has built in rigidity for reholstering, won't collapse like the watch six when not holstered. And the spread on the VMII is slightly wider, giving you a bit more width to your carry position. I carry at about 4 o'clock with my VMII, fits perfect. Milts may take a few weeks to get, but is worth every penny, good folks there.

I'd love to hear some opinions of how the Milt holsters stack up to the Tuckers with the XD's. Good topic.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
You're comparing apples and oranges. Two different things.

A more equal comparison to the WS is the Texas Heritage.

I'd take the Answer in a second though if money was no issue.

brad cook

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a Milt Sparks Watch Six for my K40 and one on the way for my G36. Once I get my XDSC (I have a Tactical and Service but think they are too big to carry) I will buy a Watch Six for it. The Watch Six is extremely comfortable (for me) and well...if it ain't broke don't fix it. I've tried other holsters that simply didn't work for me and now that I have found one that does I am not interested in trying others.

Mine has molded it self to the shape of my hip so it settles into the same spot every time I put it on and it is very stable. The collasping issue is way overblown I have never had any problems holstering my pistol.

I have tried High Noon IWB holsters with clips and just didn't like the clips. High Noon makes great OWBs but not IWBs. I have never had the opportunity to try the Answer or any other Tucker product and being satisfied with the WS I may never in the future either.

Yes Milt Sparks takes next to forever to make their products and if I didn't like it so much I would not put up with the wait but I do, so I guess I'll have to wait.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts