3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Forgive the Cell Phone Camera quality/slim screen

Reactions: ironmike1378

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Very nice, informative video!

I purchased my first set of Bg Dots years ago for my M&P duty .40. Not only were thet perfect for that application, I quickly found them EXTREMELY accurate & simple to use. I got great groupings with rapid fire at 25 yards.
So a few years later, I put another site on my M&P .45 Compact. Shorter site radius, larger caliber...same great results!
Put a 3rd set on a A XDm 9mm, 4th on a Glock...you see the pattern.
Now looking for a set for my new Shield.

I recommend these sites to EVERYONE! Nobody believes me when I tell them, nobody believes it after looking at their web site, or when even seeing the sites in person. But then... I let the fire it at 7yds...then at 10yds. Then they are HOOKED!

Seriously, if you will just TRY THEM & give them a chance, you will see the benefits. A plus, they are a night sight & do contain Tritium!:eek::eek:

Forgive the Cell Phone Camera quality/slim screen

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I purchased my first set of Bg Dots years ago for my M&P duty .40. Not only were thet perfect for that application, I quickly found them EXTREMELY accurate & simple to use. I got great groupings with rapid fire at 25 yards.
So a few years later, I put another site on my M&P .45 Compact. Shorter site radius, larger caliber...same great results!

I recommend these sites to EVERYONE! Nobody believes me when I tell them, nobody believes it after looking at their web site, or when even seeing the sites in person. But then... I let the fire it at 7yds...then at 10yds. Then they are HOOKED!

Seriously, if you will just TRY THEM & give them a chance, you will see the benefits. A plus, they are a night sight & do contain Tritium!:eek::eek:
Thanks. I'm looking to buy a set for the Shield, too.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Seems they come as a Standard size dot and as Big Dot. I really like the idea of the "lollipop" sight. I have read comments that the Big Dot is just too big for real accuracy at more than 7 yards and so I am considering the Standard size dot. Which are you using and why, please?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Seems they come as a Standard size dot and as Big Dot. I really like the idea of the "lollipop" sight. I have read comments that the Big Dot is just too big for real accuracy at more than 7 yards and so I am considering the Standard size dot. Which are you using and why, please?
7 yards, no way! I have these on 3 firearms, one fullsize, one mid compact. For me, very accurate out to 25 yards, always inside the 6" ring. At worst a 4" group at that distance, even better at closer range. I actually saw a guy on YouTube consistantly hit the 100 yard gong at 100 yards, he obviously practiced, but still.
If you want it for close range personal defense, get the Big Dot. Just dot the "i" & you're good to go.
I might put a pair on my new Shield if I can afford it. Buy from Amazone & give them a try (100+ rounds or so). If you don' like them, just return for a refund. Cannot recommend them enough!

Reactions: XDMusic

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I'm using the biggest dot. The whole idea is speed and the bigger the dot, the faster the acquisition. I have experienced no degradation of accuracy from HDs to XSs.

When I get back on the range Tuesday I'll shoot a group and post it to prove the accuracy.

Reactions: XDMusic

·
Registered
29,836 Posts
I can hit soda cans, easily, at 25 yards using a 2" S&W 325, which has a 24/7 Big Dot front and a C&S wide-U notch rear...

They'll work a lot farther out than 7 yards.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I'm using the biggest dot. The whole idea is speed and the bigger the dot, the faster the acquisition. I have experienced no degradation of accuracy from HDs to XSs.

When I get back on the range Tuesday I'll shoot a group and post it to prove the accuracy.
Yeah, post the results. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised!

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, post the results. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised!
I won't be surprised, I shoot hundreds of rounds a week wih them but the guy that asked the question might be, lol.

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is a couple examples of XS groups I already had on my phone.

The first one is a 3 round group shot at moderately fast speed. (XD 40 Tactical with XS 24/7 Big Dot sights) at 7 yards.) As a point of reference the brown square is 1"x1".

The next is a 10 shot group done at 10 feet with slow 1 second splits looking for accuracy. It's shot at one of those 1"x1" stickers (which you can see has been totally vaporized). Granted this a very close range group but it would have been very similar at 7 yards.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I won't be surprised, I shoot hundreds of rounds a week wih them but the guy that asked the question might be, lol.
Oops, my fault. Then HE should be pleasantly surprised. I still love them. Thanks for the pics btw.
Wish I could afford hundreds of rounds a week :(

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oops, my fault. Then HE should be pleasantly surprised. I still love them. Thanks for the pics btw.
Wish I could afford hundreds of rounds a week :(
I'm a full time firearms instructor. I don't pay for ammo :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ok. Got the XS BIG DOT sights put on yesterday and stopped by the range this evening. I am very happy with these sights. I have never owned a firearm until about two months ago and I believe the results I achieved speak for themselves. These sights make aiming intuitive! The grouping at 7 yards looks pretty damn good! Less so at 15 yards but some more range time is going to make a difference! Thanks for the comments made earlier!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those are VERY good groups for someone with your amount of experience. You're well on your way to being a great shot if you stay on this trajectory.

·
Registered
23 Posts
After having these sights for a month now I've noticed something that to me is different than I expected. When I take my time and take a moment to carefully aim at a target at the range - these sights can be very accurate. But here is what I didn't expect. When I quickly draw and fire at the target at the same distance as the carefully aimed shot I am just as accurate and honestly maybe a little more accurate. Aiming is so intuitive. Just quick draw and fire and somehow, without a lot of concentration, I am surprisingly accurate! When I don't think so much and just let the action flow - these sights - or the BIG DOT that is my front sight seems to easily find the target and and hit it. I could compare it to being more like muscle memory (and in this case I really think it isn't muscle memory) - it feels like when you steer a car it's not something that you think about - you just steer the car - something like that.

Anyway, I really like the XS Big Dot sights even if the tritium isn't very bright!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts