Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a joy to operate :D ! My wife and myself ran a total of 50 rounds of WWB and one magazine of Corbon JHP's. Not one problem other than operator error in aiming, lol. I seemed to be grouping low and to the left and my wife was all over. I've got to work on my trigger control.

Now my SA Mil Spec .45 1911 High Cap gave me fits :cry: ! First time out for it also. It was very accurate 8), Even left handed. However, halfway through the box of WWB it started to have consistent Failure To Feed problems. The round would be halfway angled up into the chamber and the slide stuck open. Would rack the slide several times before one would chamber again. Also noticed the magazine sticking and not wanting to come out at times. Lastly, the slide stopped staying back after the last round was fired. I'm pretty sure I will blame this all on the magazine. Have already cleaned and lubed the guns. Will take apart and clean the magazine next.

Anyone no of a source for 1911 .45 High Cap double stack magazines? :?: I have not been able to find searching the Internet so far.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Torch
You should be able to use Para Ordance p-14 mags in that gun, and STI also makes tubes that will work in it to. The frame that SA uses is the same as the Para.
As for your feeding problem I would bet it is the followers are dirty, so check to see if there is any build up on the back of the follower, and if it's not that, I shot a Para for USPSA and spent alot of time trying to find out why they did that even when they were clean, and what I found worked the best was to round off the back of the follower, because what is happening is, as the mag is feeding the back of the follower is draging in the tube, causing the ammo to come up with the bullet end up to high.
The best way to explaine it is, if you have the follower in your hand so that the cut out for the slide stop is to the left, now look at the right (or back) side. Now the top corner on the right side is where you want to round it off, a small file, or rasp, and a little sand paper will work fine. You will need to take off about a 1/6" off the top corner, and round it down the back of the follower.
If you can't find any mags I think I still have a ten rounder here some where, or if you have any questions you can PM me.
Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts