Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a water filter that can filter a spring fed stream that runs behind my house and also has fertilize and chemical run off from the farm field during heavy rains. I'm really concerned about the chemical pollution if I had to depend on the stream for water consumption. Any way to neutralize the pollutants?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a water filter that can filter a spring fed stream that runs behind my house and also has fertilize and chemical run off from the farm field during heavy rains. I'm really concerned about the chemical pollution if I had to depend on the stream for water consumption. Any way to neutralize the pollutants?
I should have mentioned that I'm looking for a portable system for emergency use only.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I should have mentioned that I'm looking for a portable system for emergency use only.
If your primary concern is nitrates (fertilizers) you need to either go reverse-osmosis or distillation. Boiling, water softeners, or the water purification tablets won't cut it. A google search will provide you with several portable systems for either.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts

·
Premium Member
127,140 Posts
Try the search function. You will find that this question has been asked and answered...many times. :)

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
^^^We all know the search function sucks slugger. ;) Haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts