Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I was looking for some shotgun parts/accessories just a minute ago from Nordic Components when I run across a section entitled "Nordic Components PMAG Extension" which reads:

"Use of this extension kit will increase the round capacity of a standard 30 round PMAG to 47 rounds (+17 rounds)."

Nordic Components PMAG Extension - AR-15 Magazines and Pouches -

Now, can someone please explain to me:

1) why in the hell I need or want a 47-round PMag (versus 2, 30-rounders or a Beta C Mag with 100 rounds)(this is just silly)???;

2) WHY I WOULD EVER pay $55 for a mag extension when I could basically buy 3 more PMags for the same money (if I could find them)???; and

3) what exactly the "target" audience is for this ridiculous device? :confused:

Thanks...

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Okay, so I was looking for some shotgun parts/accessories just a minute ago from Nordic Components when I run across a section entitled "Nordic Components PMAG Extension" which reads:

"Use of this extension kit will increase the round capacity of a standard 30 round PMAG to 47 rounds (+17 rounds)."

Nordic Components PMAG Extension - AR-15 Magazines and Pouches -

1) why in the hell I need or want a 47-round PMag (versus 2, 30-rounders or a Beta C Mag with 100 rounds)(this is just silly)???;

2) WHY I WOULD EVER pay $55 for a mag extension when I could basically buy 3 more PMags for the same money (if I could find them)???; and

Thanks...
Two Words.... Mall Ninjas! :)

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I also wonder just how reliable it would be. I agree with you. I'll stick with the standard 20 and 30 rounders.

The "target audience"? Probably the Mall Ninjas!

P.T. Barnum was right. There is a sucker born every minute.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but WITFF (what in the flying F) is a Mall Ninja?

I agree with the OP that such a device is flat out silly and borderline useless. Seems like the extended mag would hinder movement and such.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
now i "might " buy one just for fun if my local store had them for around $10 but to go through ordering one wouldnt be worth it even at $10 and no way in hell i would get one at $55

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'd buy one just to p I S S of the libtards same reason i own 8 33rnd glock mags

As a matter of fact I think I will order a couple

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but WITFF (what in the flying F) is a Mall Ninja?

I agree with the OP that such a device is flat out silly and borderline useless. Seems like the extended mag would hinder movement and such.
As quoted from The Urban Dictionary:

1. mall ninja

A term used in forums to mean an unexperienced and enthusiastic weapon(usually a firearm)owner who pretends to be a seasoned operator. The phrase came about as a result of an over the top character in a famous satirical thread.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts

Thanks...
1) You want one because "if its for sale, someone will buy it", and the American attitude of "more is better".

2)Because you always have those idiot buyers, like the ones who purchase Beta c-mag's.

3)Tacticool idiot's who buy Beta C-Mag's.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
As quoted from The Urban Dictionary:

1. mall ninja

A term used in forums to mean an unexperienced and enthusiastic weapon(usually a firearm)owner who pretends to be a seasoned operator. The phrase came about as a result of an over the top character in a famous satirical thread.
That's the funniest most accurate definition I've ever heard...

Now, can someone find the famous thread? I can't remember the poster's name exactly, so I'm not finding anything via google search... for someone that isn't familiar with mall ninjas, it's a GREAT read... but long and hilarious.

Edit: Hold the phone!

Shrine of the Mall Ninja » LonelyMachines

·
Registered
671 Posts
Seems to me that the product is geared towards competitive 3-gunners. Extra capacity and less mag changes means higher scores. Sucks that it costs so much. But since i only took 2nd in 3-gun this month, maybe i need one.:razz:

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Seems to me that the product is geared towards competitive 3-gunners. Extra capacity and less mag changes means higher scores. Sucks that it costs so much. But since i only took 2nd in 3-gun this month, maybe i need one.:razz:
Finally someone with the correct answer. Nordic make s a lot of components for 3-gun/multi-gun competitors. On stages with a rifle even one reload can often cost you the stage. Unlike pistols and shotgun there is no magazine capacity limitation in most 3-gun/multi-gun matches for the rifle. Since most stages don't go much over 30rds a 40-50 round magazine is most desirable for many competitors.

The 90 and 100rd magazines like the beta-C are to bulky and make the gun too unwieldy for most competitors while 30rd magazines frequently don't hold enough to complete some stages without a reload. I find that many of the really serious competitors will have one or two good 40+ round magazines and a handful of 20rd and 30rd magazine to reload to. You start the stage with the large magazine in the gun and reload to the smaller magazine since the shorter magazines reload easier and more reliably.

A final reason I think this product has come about is many of the early PMAG were recalled due to feedlip geometry problems. I suspect Nordic bought those defective PMAG bodies real cheap from MagPul. They already have the equipment in place to make the adapters. Just modify the old magazine bodies and add in an extra long spring and a capacity increase kit has been created. With the popularity of the PMAG is make sense to try to make a product that tags onto the market success.

No doubt mall ninjas will frown on this shenanigans. If its not a beta-C most mall ninjas find it too limiting in their own going battle against the evil denizens of the local mall.

mcb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts