Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I gotta say I love the site, lots of info. I did alot of reading on here first and today I went and paid for a Bi-tone 9mm, I get it next Thurs. This is my first handgun and I'm really excited to get the range now

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Michigan.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Long ways away from you. Lapeer. Near Flint.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Welcome -- I know you can't wait to get your new XDm. No Doubt you will enjoy it. glad to have you along -- great forum !!

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Glad you chose an XD for your first handgun.I went through a many year many pistol process to get where you are. I have been carrying since '78 and have owned and carried 7 different pistols in 4 different calibers.
My XD Sub-compact in 40SW is the last carry gun I will ever buy.It is hands down the best carry gun I have ever owned and the most naturally pointing firearm I have ever held.My XD is also one of the most accurate short barreled pistols I have ever fired ,and the recoil even with HOT loads is very manageable,though I can't get my little finger on the grip with the short clip.I started out with the 12 round clip with the grip extension but though I could get all my fingers on it and it felt better in my hand,I found that I shot exactly the same with the short clip and it is so much more compact to carry. All in all my XD has made me a believer and I think it will make you one too.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Welcome to the new guy. You are just the new guy today; there will be many to follow. Folks are finding out daily that the XD is an awesome gun. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment from your new XD and can't wait to hear which other XD you will be craving shortly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I picked up my 9mm today and went to the range with my wife and went through 300 rounds at the range. We had a blast, need to shoot at different targets next time tho. It would be alot easier to see our shots

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Welcome from outside of Vegas!! You will come to ejoy and fall in love w/the XDM-XD pistols!! I wouldnt take anything for mine!! :cool:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Glad you chose an XD for your first handgun.I went through a many year many pistol process to get where you are. I have been carrying since '78 and have owned and carried 7 different pistols in 4 different calibers.
My XD Sub-compact in 40SW is the last carry gun I will ever buy.It is hands down the best carry gun I have ever owned and the most naturally pointing firearm I have ever held.My XD is also one of the most accurate short barreled pistols I have ever fired ,and the recoil even with HOT loads is very manageable,though I can't get my little finger on the grip with the short clip.I started out with the 12 round clip with the grip extension but though I could get all my fingers on it and it felt better in my hand,I found that I shot exactly the same with the short clip and it is so much more compact to carry. All in all my XD has made me a believer and I think it will make you one too.
coyotenator: Watch out for the "Clip" Police here. :-D They will remind you it's "magazine". Welcome to the forum to you too! I am not a clip police myself. Just telling you about them. :wink:

·
Registered
105 Posts
OK ... what is the clip vs magazine thing anyway? I remember as a kid calling it a clip, later on after getting into "real" guns, I switched to magazines. Is there really a difference? I guess I could just Google it!

·
Registered
72 Posts
OK ... what is the clip vs magazine thing anyway? I remember as a kid calling it a clip, later on after getting into "real" guns, I switched to magazines. Is there really a difference? I guess I could just Google it!
I dont even want to go there.it took me years to quit calling them clips. now I'll probably slip,I'll try, to the best of my knowledge. a clip is what you use to load like a sks/M1? where you put the 5 or so rounds in the (clip) and push them into the internal round holder.
right ??? sorta maybe????yeah! thats my answer and Im sticking to it. unless of corse Im wrong.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I dont even want to go there.it took me years to quit calling them clips. now I'll probably slip,I'll try, to the best of my knowledge. a clip is what you use to load like a sks/M1? where you put the 5 or so rounds in the (clip) and push them into the internal round holder.
right ??? sorta maybe????yeah! thats my answer and Im sticking to it. unless of corse Im wrong.
That sounds good ... I do have strip clips for my Mosin!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts