Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for weeks after buying my XD-9 Service in December. This forum is an outstanding source of information and entertainment I might add ;-) Based on everything I've read here I'm ready to make the first few mods to my XD. I'll be ordering the DGR and 22# spring first and then I'm looking at the TFO's. I have a hard time focusing on the stock sights and think these may help. I'm torn between these or the 24/7 Big Dots. All comments welcome.

I am still confused as to what to do internally. I've read many posts referring to trigger jobs but I'm relatively new to handguns and don't quite understand what is involved in this. Anybody care to do a "Trigger Job for Dummies" post it would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Wow! Lots of new guys signing up. Welcome aboard!

As far as the "what to do with the guts" thing...I'd personally say do nothing. I'd change the GR like you said you were going to, but I personally wouldn't go tinkering with the workings of it unless you were tuning it up for competition. If you're just out for a good time, or using it for self defense (esp. self defense), I'd just leave the trigger as is.

In any case, welcome, and enjoy!

*edit*: for a rash of spelling and grammatical errors :oops:

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Welcome. :D

Yeah, the XD is famous for the sweet trigger so you may want to try it out before you tweak it. The DGR is a smart upgrade for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts