Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I see there are plenty from Ohio on here. I guess I'll be the newest of you then. I am not new to shooting. Former Army. I have shot mostly rifles and shotguns over the years. I do pretty well at those. I didn't have much for pistols as most all the guns I had were purpose driven buys. Meaning I could or planned to hunt with them. Sure I have a few more I picked up just for fun or because it was a deal. But mostly I had a purpose other than just plinking. As for the pistols I have other than a 22 I had and a carry gun I had nothing for pistols. And certainly nothing full sized. So I had started to look into what was out there. The XDM 5.25 9mm caught my eye. I am not sure how I stumbled on it but I held one in a store and loved the feel and capacity. I also am somewhat interested in IDPA and 3gun competitions for the fun and training of it. And I have a club not far away... I ended up finding a lightly used 5.25 with extra mags and extra holsters for petty cheap locally and picked it up. I have shot it very little at this point but so far love it. I have been looking at the PRP match trigger and a few other things for it. Might get a laser/light just to play with at some point.

Joined just to learn more about what seems to be a great gun. I may even change my carry gun eventually and get a smaller XDM or something... hey even a 45 version may be good. Eventually....not any time soon for sure.

OK well if you read all that you must be really bored.. LOL

Thanks for letting me join and learn
Jason

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia and congrats on a great gun!

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome aboard from Texas!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Guys...

slugger6, you make footballs up there in Ada? I toured the Wilson factory this summer. Very cool.

Jason

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Welcome from the east side of Columbus!

Reactions: Jason Lester

·
Premium Member