Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have been lurking here for a while now, finally registered a few days ago and figured I'd say hello after the warm welcome the dude from Longmont got (I was born in Boulder, grew up outside Longmont!). I picked up a 4.5 XDM 9mm about 3 or 4 months ago and have about 600 rounds through it. First pistol, and absolutely love it. I'm not too bad of a shot either, but always reading / talking to people trying to improve as much as possible. I'll continue reading and what not, but after seeing a lot of the IDPA videos and talking to a friend who shoots competitions, I must say, I'm more than intrigued and want to try it ASAP! No idea really how to get started though, what gear a new guy should be looking at, practicing, etc. etc. etc... Any info, comments, etc. are welcome and I'll get back to reading and reading.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming. Just up the road from Ya.....

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome from Washington!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I may be the mystery man - but I'm from Frederick, which is the same zip.

AWESOME! Good to have you here!

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your new XDm-9!

·
Super Moderator
46,392 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the welcome guys. It's cool to see CO people coming out of the woodwork. Grew up in Boulder / Niwot / Longmont and used to work in Frederick, moved to Ft. Collins for school. Just stumbled across the Northern CO IDPA website, hopefully I can check out an event soon! Just need a decent holster and some more mags.

·
Registered
324 Posts
LOL, I'm in school in Greeley!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet! I have a few friends at UNC. It's a shame there's not a set of regional subforums here so people in the same area can congregate

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ft Collins

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Welcome from IL!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Registered
678 Posts
Woo hoo! The Coloradans are invading!! Welcome from Littleton!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts