Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have funny enjoyed the information on this site I cannot wait to finally get to a range this weekend to shoot my gun for the 1st time.

My question: Is there a place on these boards or on another web site that could help teach me (the beginner) the proper handling, shooting, cleaning etc. of this fine gun?

Thank you,
Felix

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
If you have a couple of extra bucks.. take a hands on safety course!!! For those of us who have had a ND.. (negligent discharge) it is money well spent.

If not.. be REALLY careful!! Guns are dangerous... that's just a fact. You can use them safely, and I am sure you intend to use them safely.. but one mistake and the thing makes a "bang" sound that puts a hole in something.

Good luck, and be safe.

Raymond

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
+1

Ask your local store if they know of a place that teaches an intro to firearms class. Start with the basics and don't be to proud to do so. It is the basic that will keep you safe and alive.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do plan to take a couple of classes before I attempt to loan my weapon & shot / carry for the 1st time!

As stated before I learned to shoot on a revolved for my concealed weapons permit. Now that I have it (The permit) and a semi auto I want to be sure I don't blow my hand or for that part my private parts off!

I guess the classes will teach me safty but where can I learn about gun care? Here, magazines, web sites, etc...???

Felix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts