Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys I need your opinions. I carry a XDs .45 daily. I use the standard 5rd magazine as I like to keep the gun as small as possible so its easy to conceal When I wear long pants I also wear a Desantis ankle double mag holder. Here is where my question lies. I carry a 7rd magazine in one of the holders but I rotate between a second 7rd magazine and a small tactical flashlight in the other. I really want to stop the alternating and just stick with either another magazine or a flashlight in the second pouch. Which would you carry?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I would carry another mag and a small flashlight in my pocket .

·
Registered
804 Posts
I agree with just a small flashlight. One of these is quite bright enough for use and is always in my pocket:

http://www.amazon.com/Streamlight-6...79700&sr=8-1&keywords=streamlight+microstream

The clip allows me to attach the light to a ballcap or use normally. As to magazines... I always carry one spare. I also use a Cooks brand pouch as it's quite compact and works well. That 5% of the time where I want a third, I'd just put another in the watch pocket of my jeans. That or carry my Glock 19 (with one spare mag). :wink:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses! Ok if you HAVE to choose between a flashlight and another Mag, which would you choose.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
I would carry the mag.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
What kind of long pants are you wearing? Jeans? I wear nothing but cargo pants and gave up on the jeans last year. Found that with everything I carry, jeans just did not have enough pockets!

Get a pair of cargo pants. Carry the two magazines AND the flashlight! :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What kind of long pants are you wearing? Jeans? I wear nothing but cargo pants and gave up on the jeans last year. Found that with everything I carry, jeans just did not have enough pockets!

Get a pair of cargo pants. Carry the two magazines AND the flashlight! :)
I have no idea why I have not thought about this, lol. In the summer I only wear cargo shorts, so I have plenty of pockets. I love cargo shorts so I see no reason why I would not like cargo pants. Yes I wear jeans most of the time in the winter when not at work (I am not allowed to carry my firearm in to work so it stays locked in the car). Sometimes the simplest things....

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I have a streamlight pt2l as well as a stylus pro 2aaa.

I used to carry the pt2l, small enough for a pocket and great light. The stylus pro is literally the size of a pen. Its longer than the pt2l, but much less noticeable in my pocket and i forget it's even there. Also, i wear a lot of flannel and chamois shirts this time of year and in warmer weather a lot of button down plaid short sleeves, it rides nicely in the shirt pocket as well. Its a surprisingly bright little bugget and easy to add to your edc no matter what you already carry. I would not sacrifice the flashlight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts