Springfield XD Forum banner

Another Kimber? Why yes.

2K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Mercmar 
#1 · (Edited)
So I recently picked up a Stainless Raptor Pro II and took it to the range. It ran flawless with the stock Kimber mag. Was pretty accurate and the trigger smoothed up after a few rounds. I shot 200 rounds total:

50-230gr RN (reloads)
50-200gr LSWC (reloads)
50-185gr HP speer gold dots
25- 230gr WWB
25-230gr Tulammo steel

I was very pleased with the performance of the Raptor Pro and I have had my eye on the CDPs for awhile. Found an Ultra CDP II for $900 out the door.

It seems hardly used. I hope to get it out soon and will give a range report.

See less See more
#8 ·
I had a 9mm CDP Ultra I never had an issue with.
Other than not liking reman ammo, it ran 100%....

Only sold after buying an EMP.
Eventually sold the EMP...:roll:

I'm sure you'll love it Guru..
Hope all is well over there in Alliance country....:wink:

#9 ·
Thanks 1L, doing well actually although trying to deal with all the traffic due to the construction on 35 is a freaking nightmare. I look forward to the day I can move further out. Hope all is well with you and your family.

I thought about getting the 9mm version but decided to get the 45. I'm having a hard time getting a 1911 in another caliber other than 45. I will say I have my eye on the Dan Wesson Guardian 9mm.

#14 ·
So what's everyones opinion on the "chopped" 1911s? I have read people say they aren't reliable but yet read about and have seen others that own them and love them.
Some suck. Some don't. My buddy obviously trusted his for his daily carry. I knew a guy that had a Para Warthog. It was not reliable. So my conclusion is it depends on the gun and the ammo.

#15 ·
I also owned a Dan Wesson Guardian in 9mm a few years ago.
It was a sweet, sweet handgun..

I owned it a few months and realized I just didn't need it.
That was back before I was buying guns just to keep.

You need a good revolver if you don't have one.
I do love my S&W 686+ I recently acquired...
7 rounds of 357mag or 38sp goodness.

Just something to think about....:mrgreen:
You know I have NEVER even fired a revolver. I know, crazy right?

That is a sweet looking wheel gun for sure.

#23 ·
Re-read thread title and first post. He now has 2 Kimbers. Raptor and CDP. ;)

#25 ·
Sweet choice!
I have a DW pointman as my one and only 9mm 1911. Sweet pistol!

#26 ·
I was blinded when I saw the words, "Pro Raptor," as I recently acquired a stainless Pro Raptor II from my youngest son and am in the process of breaking it in. I'm not accustomed to having to break in pistols, as I generally shoot Glocks. I like the Pro Raptor II. Hard for me to believe that I spent $900 on such a piece, but I did.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.