Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also known as the Model 12-2.

I've wanted a snub K-frame for a carry option for a while; I was at the MWCA gun show in St Paul yesterday, and just happened to stumble across this beaut...

I'm trying to decide now if it's TOO nice for carry; there's barely a turn line, and I'd rate the finish at a conservative 95% ...but, then again, I'm not in it very deep at all, so...we'll see how she shoots.

One major caveat about the M12's--these are not rated for +P loads; it's not one of the really early models with an aluminum cylinder, and I'm fairly confident that a cylinder to try and then just carrying them won't likely destroy the gun. Still and all, I picked up some standard pressure Gold Dots..but upon further reflection, I think I might just get some 158 SWC's at a moderate velocity, and call it good.

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
Nice, I had a M10 snub round butt. It was my first S&W. I traded it, but regret not keeping it. First intention was to carry too, but the finish was so nice I didn't want to mess it up. I should have sold it to my brother or dad to keep it in the family. The trigger on dbl action was on point, and smooth.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
very nice. one of these days when i get a hold of this "extra" money i keep hearing about, ill pick up a nice smith revolver.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Wow, great looking snubbie. I never have that kind of luck at gun shows, which is why I rarely go to one.

·
Premium Member
30,890 Posts
Beautiful revolver, congrats on the find.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
Nice Cuda, congrats. You're turning into the JoeOU1 of wheelies.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! It looks to be in great shape.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Almost makes me re kindle my lusting for a chiefs special 36.

·
Registered
29,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You mean like this one, Yooper?

And there's a .327 Single Seven for sale on Armslist here in MN...I'm considering it...

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
You mean like this one, Yooper?

And there's a .327 Single Seven for sale on Armslist here in MN...I'm considering it...
You're not helping any :p Then again, I could go the other route and got for an sp101 but there is just something about a 36.....

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
OK so whats the differences in the 36 over the m12 other than the frame size?

·
Registered
29,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
OK so whats the differences in the 36 over the m12 other than the frame size?
The 36 is a J-frame; 5-shot cylinder.

The 12 is a K-frame; 6 shot cylinder, slightly larger.

I'm going to take them both to the range tomorrow, I'll try and get a shot of the two of them.

Other differences: the K frame will have a much better trigger...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts