Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has pics of the letter inlay on a black slide in any color other than white. I was wondering what color would look good with the green frame and was hoping that someone had done it in other than white or silver . Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
I forget who it was, but someone had done their lettering in red. It was crayon, and luckily easily removed. It didn't look very good (IMHO). It was too dark for the black slide. Hard to see. Overall, if you want readability, you can't pick a darker color (red, blue, brown, forest green, etc). It just won't visually "punch out" from the slide well enough to see/read.

I've done mine in white (which is nice looking), and yellow (not as nice as white). Both Crayola-versions. :D

I do have a silver lacquer stick that I did my fiancee's gun with (silver lettering on blue slide). I'm seriously considering using silver on my XD, for a permanent coloring. Maybe not all the lettering at first, but at least the logo on the top to start.

As far as a color to go with the green frame, I'm not sure. Maybe a tan? I'd think some sort of "nature" color would be best, to stay within the natural color realm. I think a green wouldn't show up very well, unless you use a lighter green. Perhaps a light gray even?

I'd suggest getting a big box of crayons, and testing different colors out. I've done that w/ a few colors, as I've mentioned. You can then take a toothpick and "dig" the wax out and try something else.

The good thing is: it's easy to do, and easy to remove.

Also, you could maybe get the slide Gun-Koted in a desert tan. I've seen that before, and it's sweet. http://www.pistol-gear.com/XDET with rock.jpg for this, w/ the lighter colored slide, you'd open up your world of lettering colors a lot. You could then use a forest green (or match your frame color), brown, even black, successfully I think. A lighter colored slide and dark lettering would be nice.

Just my 2¢. Hope it helps. Sorry for no pictures of my colorings. I've seen some other colors before, I just forget where off-hand.

·
Registered
454 Posts
i did mine in a flourescent green crayon that my daughter had in a pack of crayons, iwill look for exact name. it is either screaming green or electric lime. I don't have pics and my folks have my digital at the moment.

·
Registered
309 Posts
miller said:
I was wondering if anyone has pics of the letter inlay on a black slide in any color other than white. I was wondering what color would look good with the green frame and was hoping that someone had done it in other than white or silver . Thanks in advance for any help
All I have is the red on a black gun koted 4 inch. It needs to be re-colored but you get the picture.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i was just curious how long does the color last doing it the crayola way and what do u use to clean it out if u do not like the color and someone schould post a video on how to do it for us newbies this is hinted at the video person on this forum.... dont know is he will read this but mabey.....

·
Registered
138 Posts
I put white on my using the crayon method and it's help up fairly decently for a couple months already... It's a bit dingy now, and I should probably redo it but its nothing too horrible, I'd say it's cheap enough and easy enought that I can put up with a little bit of touchup work every couple months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts