Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Shooter's Paradise in Woodbridge, VA last night. I met a buddy there who has been gloating about his Kimber Ultra Carry II, a nice piece I must admit. He has put a total of 300 rounds through it (with 3 or 4 trips to the range, and cleanings in between each trip) "without a single misfire". Admittably, he has aftermarket mags for it. (the factory mags are notorious for failures). After we sent 500 rounds of Speer Gold 165gr down range through my XD 40 without cleaning it, he was sold. Unfortuneatly for me, he had a much better shot group with MY gun than I did. Oh well, guess I just need to spend more time at the range! :twisted:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ever go to the NRA range in Fairfax? I had the same thing happen to me the other day, went with a coworker and he grouped better with my XD-40 than I did. But then I returned the favor and grouped better with his P226 Navy. So I went out and bought a P226 Navy what a sweet gun. But nothing can replace my XD as my carry gun. What kind of holster do you have for you XD? I have like 4 different ones trying to find the right one for me it is proving most difficult.

G

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, haven't made it up there yet. I recently moved down south of fredericksburg. NRA range is quite a hike from here. I actually use an Uncle Mikes IWB neoprene holster. Nothing fancy, probably because I havent tried any of the more expensive leathers yet. I was looking at a Galco IWB last night, probably get one soon. For now though, the cheap-o will have to do, I spend most of my extra cash on ammo.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
XDMaestro said:
Unfortuneatly for me, he had a much better shot group with MY gun than I did. Oh well, guess I just need to spend more time at the range! :twisted:
It's not gonna help.... It's an unscientifically proven fact, a borrowed gun is more accurate if shooting against the owner, and a borrowed car is faster, esp if you are competing against the owners time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts