Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple question, looking for a very comfortable "ankle hoster" for the XDM 40 cal. Any suggested type and model number should I look at? I ride motorcycles HIGH SPEED and need one that fit the ankle and is secure as well.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I haven't tried it, but I would think the XDm .40 is probably too big for good ankle carry unless you're gonna wear bell-bottoms. I would think that on the bike, you might think about a cross-draw holster, strong-side belt OWB, maybe shoulder rig, or even fanny pack holster. Probably not small of back, because of the higher likelihood (than normal) that you could be thrown off the bike in a wreak and land on your back.

High speed is dangerous though, especially on a bike....and I assume you don't need a gun on the racetrack. When I'm carrying, I try not do do things that attract the attention of potential bad guys or LEO's.

Alchemist77

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have to agree with Alch. I ride sportbikes, and used to race them, and I would never ankle carry on a bike. I can't see any way you could do it and wear boots. Especially not an XDm. Way to big for ankle carry.

·
Registered
208 Posts
IWB holster would be the best way to hide the M!!! Don Hume makes a good one

1 - 4 of 4 Posts