Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170704

A couple of days ago Andrew some how installed his slide with the disassembly lever still in the down position. He got his slide stuck and asked here as well as the firing line. Well we told him how to fix it here and I explained to him what happened....the head of the assembly got stuck behind the lever or locking block pins. Solution was to use force and make the slide slip back forward. Any way check out the nice folks at TFL makes you not want to be as mean to the folks here who are new.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Anyone who frequents TFL knows that Handy is about as sweet as a lemon. I try to ignore his comments, thus and like you, I couldn't get my XD in that condition either so I was unable to help.

TFL is nice to browse, once in a while you'll find good info, but expecting any good to come from one of your own questions, well one has a better chance at hitting the lottery.

(2 cents)

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the funny thing about encyclopedias is that as soon as they are printed alot of the info is out of date just look up dna in 5 yr old set.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I looked up dna in the encyclopedia and spotted a picture of "Handy" ! Apparently dna stands for "Dumb Nasty [email protected]#hole!"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :roll:

·
Registered
454 Posts
"pistol built like a zip tie"????????? What a bunch of arrogant know it alls. I am so glad I skipped past that forum and joined this one instead. Assholes like a couple of those guys make me want to go POSTAL!!

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
This problem would have kept me silent as far as posting a solution. My only thought was to send it to Springfield Armory for warranty work. Also I only view/post in the General and Non General XD area and sometimes into Range Reports or a rare visit to "the ammo box".

Why was the original problem in "Gunner's Alley"?

also for the "professors" on the firing line forum, exactly what kind of pistol are they referring to that you can't make a mistake on? A 1911? A Glock? A Revolver? Give me any rifle or pistol, I can goof it up in a few seconds. No problemo! :x

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Hey.. the guy had a problem.... and got it fixed. He said a moderator moved his topic to Gunners-alley.. I doubt that is true.. but that is what he said.

Anyway.. he got the problem solved. Now he needs a new guide rod.

I gave him the age old advice to "Ask AJAMES" LOL... If AJAMES cant fix it, it can't be fixed! LMBO

I am glad the guy got his problem sollved. I try to help when I can...

Raymond

·
Registered
678 Posts
I hit a caraudio forum as well and with that type of forum being typically young kids (I am not as old as oldmantod might sound, I am 35) you end up running into know it alls there... I guess those of us who have "matured" (as in got older without calling people old, I use matured loosely, I refuse to age past about 25 years myself) have come to the conclusion that some folks you just have to take with a grain of salt and also with the amount of information that people have around the world and are willing to share, sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad...

And then there are people that you just have to shake your virtual head, walk away and say F'em...

As for this oldman, I have three benefit motorcycle rides scheduled for the next three weekends, so there isn't anything that would break my stride right about now...

T

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'm no encyclopedia of handgun knowledge :lol: , but don't Sigs have the same type of disassembly lever? Are they flawed as well? How is this so dangerous? If I have to disassemble my gun in a gunfight, I'm screwed already. Who cares if it needs tools or not? It's nice to know we have "sane" people here like ajames. No wonder I don't go to many other firearms forums anymore.

·
Registered
580 Posts
that's a sad reaction. and its reactions like those that make me NOT post in certain threads.

at least he got his gun fixed. and hopefully someone plugged this forum to him as a future home for his XD needs.

people willing to share stories of success AND failure make places like this, the gun forum "oasis." :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
I clicked on ajames' link to thefiringline.com to see what this was all about and was sorry I wasted my time looking at comments posted by such a group of morons. I'm amazed that some of these people have even the minimal skills necessary to use a personal computer. From their sentence structure, spelling and use of the English language, I'd be suprised if most of them can find their way to the bathroom without help.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
87-51 said:
I'm no encyclopedia of handgun knowledge :lol: , but don't Sigs have the same type of disassembly lever? Are they flawed as well? How is this so dangerous? If I have to disassemble my gun in a gunfight, I'm screwed already. Who cares if it needs tools or not?

ROFL... exactly what i was thinking.

how many times has anyone dissasembled their gun in a self defense situation? lol.... that guy was an idiot.

·
Premium Member
10,575 Posts
Intresting. This gentleman has been on the forum later than
me, he has 4,900+ posts. I am one of the early sign on's back
in Jan 01 and I have 16 posts there. By the way, I surf at the
site a lot.

Ed

·
Registered
9,135 Posts
what a bunch of ma-roons.

Sad to say, we do sorta have some people who are not totally cool to newbs and questions that may get asked more then 10 times.

A forum like this is meant to help people.

As for me, I did not chime in because I could not get my gun to duplicate the problem. (but I did save a lot on my car insurance...... :lol: )

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
I'd say the TFL group did him the best they could if you consider the fact that probably none (or few) of them own an XD. Kinda like taking your chevy to a ford or VW shop for repairs. Good ol Andy wouldn't have had to take that abuse if he would have put his gun together correctly to begin with. Hopefully he learned a good lesson from this.

·
Premium Member
10,575 Posts
Handy has offered his best shot at supplying a solution.

Also suggests that the Croation Sensation have a minor
change made at the factory so that this problem can be
avoided in the future.

Ed

·
Registered
381 Posts
While, I don't think the firing line helped at all. It was Andrew who seemed to aggrivate the situation by provoking and insulting Handy. Handy made an observation from what he saw. Then Andrew called him ignorant. To me, that's a personal attack. From then on, it escilated and turned into a useless thread with slander on both sides. I can not attest to Handy's "encyclopedic knowledge". Nor would I want to.

People seemed more knowledgeable here so i thought i'd get more better help.

Guess i was wrong...
Firing line should have tried to be more helpful. But, they couldn't. Andrew seemed to be rather "short" with anyone that couldn't answer his problem. Maybe just a bad day. I can understand wanting help as soon as possible. But, he seemed like he was ready to vent for a bad day on whoever he could. I would have taken the above quote as a personal attack too. I wouldn't have wanted to help someone like this. And, I'm a very helpful person.

Besides, arguing and slander over the internet's just plain stupid...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I watched both threads (here & TFL) with some interest, and witheld comment. The only observations I have are these:

Read the manual. Follow the instructions.

Be careful handling guns anytime, and never get in a hurry unless you absolutely have to.

When you screw something up, that obviously cannot be remidied by an established "quick fix", the best thing to do is contact the manufacturer.

When you ask questions on the internet, you place yourself at the mercy of "internet experts" who may or may not be what they say they are. Often these people have an inordinately-high opinion of themselves, mostly because they are never held up to the yardstick of reality- and their supposed "expertise" never gets a meaningful evaluation. It is my opinion that the the most sensitive among them are usually suffering from severe constipation- and that being full of **** often contributes to "thinness of the skin".

If you do ask for help for a problem you can't solve yourself, just remember that whatever answer or treatment you get- you asked for it.

If assholes could fly, you wouldn't be able to fly a kite for all the air traffic.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts