Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was loading my XDm 40 mag at the range this afternoon and happened to see this before putting it in my mag. What would of happened? This is Blazer Brass.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Can you describe the problem? I can't identify a problem from the picture.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Click on the link to the other photo that didn't come up. The bullet is in backwards!!!!

I couldn't see anything wrong with the first picture either. :lol:

What would have happened? I don't know. It would have probably shot. Maybe would have had excess pressure or it may have turned out to be a squib load and stuck in the barrel.

Try it and report back to us and let us know, K?

J/K. Don't do it! I would just be safe and pitch the round. Good catch!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Contact blazer and at least get a free box out of it......keep the round...well just cause its kinda cool.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
that was a factory round? if so i would definitly call blazer

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
If you shoot for long enough, you will be surprised what you will see. Inverted primers, wrong caliber, unfinished bullet heads, the list is endless. Add in what you do yourself and you will have quite a list. The bottom line is that you are responsible for what you put in the chamber. PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm going to call BB and let them know, but I'm glad I saw it before I put it in.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Happened to a friend of mine, too. Our in house "expert" said it would probably fire fine, but make a big bang due to much higher pressures.

·
Registered
17,767 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Though certainly an old post, someone took an interest since there are few new posts this time of year. The reversed bullet is rare but happens. In most 40cal pistols this probably would not feed as it would not pass the "plunk test" and hit the lands before the pistol goes into full battery, but in some guns it might feed. If it did feed it would most likely fire without incident, though you would notice a strange shaped hole in the target if you looked closely enough.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Sure ill bite. Haha.

Once it left the barrel it would tumble if it fed.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts