Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some research and last week on impulse I bought an XDs 4.0. I paid about $30.00 more for it than I probably should have. I registered it for Springfield's Gear giveaway and took it to the range Sunday. Any hint of buyer's remorse vanished completely. I looked at S&W M&P Shield 9mm and the new Glock G43 and they just don't compare. I shot my Taurus PT709 Slim, a Shield, and an S&W SD9VE and none of them were anywhere close to the comfort, trigger, and accuracy of the XDs. The SD9VE was a HUGE disappointment after having owned and enjoyed a dozen Sigma. Detestable trigger and accuracy. Pure caa caa.

I've owned an XD9 and an XD45 and didn't care for the high bore axis on either, but I think I will be carrying, enjoying, and depending on the XDs for many years to come. Recommended fully for EDC/CWP.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Glad you found your answer and welcome!

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome aboard from Texas!

Enjoy the XDs

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin. . . enjoy!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Glad you like your new pistol,I would not go so far as to say the Shield or G43 do not compare though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just looked at a 43. Liked the feel of it. But I noticed with even the slightest pressure on the front of the slide it would push back and go out of battery.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Congrats! I think the XDs, especially in 4.0, is a great gun.

I just looked at a 43. Liked the feel of it. But I noticed with even the slightest pressure on the front of the slide it would push back and go out of battery.
That's very odd, mine doesn't do that, anymore than any other gun.

Reactions: Minkman555

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Glad you like your new pistol,I would not go so far as to say the Shield or G43 do not compare though.
We are all different, subjective for sure. My G43 is my primary carry, solid gun, easy to conceal, light, etc. My XDs 4.0 in 45 is easy to conceal but heavier, more accurate (barrel length), better trigger (again subjective but mine has thousands of rounds though it so it's very smooth now) as my G43 trigger has needed some work out of the box. I had an XDs 4.0 in 9mm as well, loved that it was so easy to shoot with the longer barrel but I just never carried it as I had the 45 version as well.

Reactions: Minkman555

·
Registered
3 Posts
Awesome, I'm really happy to hear you love it. I ran into a Springfield Armory rep at my local gun shop and he said the powder river trigger kit makes an amazing difference if you're ever looking for something more.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been through many other guns since buying the XDs 9mm 4" and it is still my EDC. I like it better than the compacts and full sized pistols. Very versatile out of the box.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts