Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really love it (read that as buy one) if Springfield would come out with a single stack XD Subcompact. I think it would be a great alternative to the Kahr, Rohrbaugh, and Kel-Tec small 9mm handguns. True that it wouldn't be as small as all of them, but for me the primary concern seems to be thickness. If I had something the size of the SC but less than an inch thick, it would be highly concealable. Maybe not a pocket gun, but something that would just disappear in a nice IWB rig. Not to mention that it would be quite a bit cheaper than all but the Kel-Tec. I've been considering sending an email to Springfield, but curious what other folks think of it.

Mike

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
might be nice, but it would require a significant redesign to thin the whole gun out--frame, slide, rails...would cost a lot to retool, and Springfield doesn't even make 'em--they'd have to convince their Croatian buddies that there's a big enough market to make it worthwhile. That's probably a bigger hurdle than anything else.

Just pony up the $$$ for the Rohrbaugh and love the SC for what it is. ;)

·
Registered
68 Posts
I would probably buy. Like amplework says the .45 would be nice. I am actually considering the G 36 for this reason, but I HATE the grip angle.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Id be happy to get a .357 SIG sub compact. Dont think its going to happen though. Not sure how well the .357 SIG is selling. Dont see to many tactical models in that caliber.

·
Registered
196 Posts
mchasal said:
Maybe not a pocket gun, but something that would just disappear in a nice IWB rig.
Mike
I only briefly thought of this - BEFORE I started actually carrying my Sub daily. Now I could care less as it disappears just fine in my Highnoon "Hidden Ally" holster. Love it.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I just switched from an XD-9 subcompact to a Kahr PM9 for daily and lightweight clothing carry and the difference in comfort is incredible.
I loved the XD but found it to be somewhat uncomfortable when worn IWB even with my beloved Milt Sparks SS2.
The Kahr is just as accurate and even though 10 or 12 rnds is better than 7 or 8 rnds, I like the Kahr better.
The only drawback was the price :wink:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'd probably buy one. The XD sub is just too chunky for me to CCW, especially since I've been spoiled by the size of my p3at.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
The slide is too fat the slide raised parts would need to be taken off and the slide made square like the Khar.

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
Hell they can't even supply mags for the .40 and you are thinking about a whole new gun? :roll: God idea though, just don't hold your breath.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts