Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a friend who wants to sell me this amt stainless .45.
First of all do any of you have experience with it, have shot one, and even how much it is really worth. Has quite a stiff trigger, probably 12
pds or heavier. Let me know anything you think on this gun.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My lgs had one a few months back that I believe was under $300.00. If he is your friend, see if he will let you shoot it first. I didn't like the trigger, and IIRC it dosn't have sights. Also 45acp seems like alot for this little gun. But, if you can shoot well, it dosn't malf, and the price is right, why not?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My lgs had one a few months back that I believe was under $300.00. If he is your friend, see if he will let you shoot it first. I didn't like the trigger, and IIRC it dosn't have sights. Also 45acp seems like alot for this little gun. But, if you can shoot well, it dosn't malf, and the price is right, why not?
I think i can get it for under 300,
It would definitley be a beater gun carried when traveling on the bike.
Dont need it, already own a glock, xdm's, one sig, two kimbers, colt 1911, and some other revolvers. But I guess if it shoots well, your right, why not. Ill see if he'll let me take it out, its not new, but in good shape.
Do you know if the triggers can be worked on that gun.?
thanks for your input

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
They're decent little backups, can't get a .45 much smaller.

They're not fun to shoot for extended periods. The one I shot wore a blister in my trigger finger pretty quick. Heavy pull, but I had no trouble putting decent shots on a silhouette at 7 yards. Not great, but 4-5" groups are not too hard - decent, considering no sights.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're decent little backups, can't get a .45 much smaller.

They're not fun to shoot for extended periods. The one I shot wore a blister in my trigger finger pretty quick. Heavy pull, but I had no trouble putting decent shots on a silhouette at 7 yards. Not great, but 4-5" groups are not too hard - decent, considering no sights.
thnks,
gonna shoot it this weekend,

·
Registered
298 Posts
I own one of the older ones, serial # starts with DA. Made in Glendale, CA. A lot of folks complained about malfunctions, mine has never had any (hundreds of rounds through it). I like it because its easy to conceal, although a bit heavy for a little gun. Sights ? Nope. Best bet is shooting FMJ ammo, but I've also fed it JHP and some lead round nose, no problems. I like the gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts