Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I put 1000 rounds of Wolf steel thru mine with no problems, but others have had problems. Believe I paid $220 for 1000 rounds.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You can use anything you'd like, but I'd recommend to at least say away from Lacquered Coated ammo. When fired, it melts onto the barrel and is harder to remove. People have complained that it jams the following rounds to the chamber. You'll need a Lacquer remover or use more elbow grease. If you'd like to see the difference, check out the blue box Monarch (Lacquered) at Academy. The green box Monarch is brass.
I use brass, nickel, steel, zinc casing ammo.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I had a Eagle Arms with a SS barrel. Wolf would not even feed into it.

I have an Armalite M4C and it eats Wolf like it's candy.

What I've found is SOME breaches are tighter than others. What does this mean? Buy cheap ammo (20 rounds) and test it in your weapon BEFORE you buy 1000 rounds!

Hardwarz

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'm using 55 gr hornady fmj backed by 25.5 grains of varget powder and at $140 per 1k I got no complaints it actually more accurate than anything I've ever bought

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
TJ you got the sale price of the Hornady bullets didn't cha? :)

I did the same thing, I bought 6k ct of Hornady 55gr FMJ BT. I use H4895 for powder and give it about 24.7 - 25.0gr charge. Works well for me!

But I also use Wolf through my ARs... Also works well for me!

YMMV!

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
When not shooting my reloads, I shoot wolf and monarch in all my ARs. Haven't had any problems with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts