Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking up my new XD40 Tactical soon and would like some opinions on what ammo I should run through it. Range as well as home defence ammo. Ive heard that certain ammo jams in the XD40 or doesnt work as well so I would like some tips on which ammo to stay away from as well. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
452 Posts
As fas as range ammo goes I've fed mine lots of WWB, some CCI, & some Wolf with no issues. As far as factory stuff goes the most common range ammo by far is WWB.

For the last few months I've used reloads from Miwall for range time and matches. Until/unless I find something I like better or start reloading this stuff works pretty well.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Almost every configuration and bullet weight by almost every manufacturer that has ever been mentioned on this forum works well in most guns, but seems to malfuntion in a few. My suggestion is simply buy a small amount of a variety of ammo is give it a try. If it functions in your pistol and satisfies your other needs regarding ammo, stock up on that brand and configuration. Winchester White Box (WWB) and UMC Yellow Box seem to be the most competitively priced if buying locally (usually Wal-Mart); Lancer, Miwall and Georgia Arms are popular for remanufactured ammo. If you have an Academy store near you, really good ammo prices are available. Some people like Wolf or other steel cased ammo, some won't touch the stuff. Good Luck

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have four XD's in .40 S & W and for taget practice, they all function without flaw on 180 gr., conical nose lead bullet, UltraMax reloads. I purchase them from Sportsman's Guide, online ordering, and they run about .14 per round. Since I shoot at home, I find it more convienient to mail order larger quantities versus running back and forth to the gunshop (an hour trip, no sales tax).

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
I shoot CCI blazer from Natchez
and wwb (Walmart)

zero failures

Sorry thats not true When I run Dons Rod and 22# spring the CCI wont lock the slide open when empty Don thinks the CCi blazer load maybe a bit light. other than that no problems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts