Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to Wal-Mart tonight to get some range ammo (snowing here so I had to stack up on supplies :lol: ). Got some WWB .40 for the XD and some 9mm for the Walther. Wierd thing is, the .40 doesn't have the copper colored bullet in it. The bullets are brass colored :?: The box is marked FMJ but what just wondering if this is common? Have any of you come across this? Usually when I get the WWB, the bullets are copper colored. I am not an ammo buff, so buy,load and shoot is basically the best way to describe my ammo knowledge!! :lol:

·
Registered
516 Posts
The jacket on some of the WWB is brass not copper. I am told the newer stuff is copper, but ya never know. Just buy, load, shoot as you like to do. It makes no difference.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey thats normal for some "cheap" range ammo a lot of mfg. use them in some batches the jacket on the bullet is made of a cheaper metal alloy that has the same density and strength as copper but costs less. However it will leave a Brass like residue in your barrel which is a little harder to clean than regular copper.you will want to use a bronze cleaning brush instead of nylon.i use hoppes copper solvent after shooting those rds. in any of my guns. after a while it will build up like copper does

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just buy, load, shoot as you like to do. It makes no difference.
Awright, I will continue to do that! :lol: I just wanted to see if there REALLY was a difference. Because.....

However it will leave a Brass like residue in your barrel
Is was I would like too avoid!!! ( I know I really can't completely ).

Thanx for the info guys!!!!!

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Of the WWB .40 that I have purchased, the 165 grainers are brass, the 180 grainers are copper. I've never noticed any difference in accuracy or reliability. And I use a Foul-Out to remove barrel deposits, so that's not a problem either.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Of the WWB .40 that I have purchased, the 165 grainers are brass, the 180 grainers are copper. I've never noticed any difference in accuracy or reliability. And I use a Foul-Out to remove barrel deposits, so that's not a problem either.
Kewl beans....I'll have to keep that in mind! I use MPro-7 for cleaning so I guess I got all my bases covered!!![/quote]

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
as long as it goes bang really loud is all ya gotta worry about i think

1 - 8 of 8 Posts