Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is what JHP, if any, did your XD45 have trouble with? I don't want to experiment with ammo that has a record of FTF's or FTE's.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I had feeding issues with my XD9SC using Federal HST's. I'm sure my gun was more of an isolated case since I know of other people with XD's that have no issues with them. The large cavity in the hollow point seemed to hang up on the feed ramp. I don't think you can go wrong with Speer Gold Dots.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Ive had issues with Winchester SXZ HPs that they sell at Bass Pro, not that I shop there now because Id rather buy from a real gunstore who needs to make money, but doesent mark up the product at full retail price. I think I had 2 FTF. I have also had issues with FMJs with them nose diving into the mag. I am not bothered by this since I can clear the pistol in a matter of seconds. I think its a mag issue. Ive had my XD for 4 years now and have only used one mag.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
My question is what JHP, if any, did your XD45 have trouble with? I don't want to experiment with ammo that has a record of FTF's or FTE's.

Thanks in advance.
I haven't tried every JHP, but my TAC feeds anything but LSWC. For SD/HD ammo, YOU MUST run the ammo in your gun. Thre is no substitute for just loading up & hoping it doesn't fail, regradless of what works in my gun. There are a couple guys that can get 200grLSWC to run in their guns, but not me, not 100% reliable. So always trust but verify.

·
Premium Member
127,279 Posts
Like others have already said, I haven't tried all brands of JHP, but so far my XD45 has had no problems with anything.

·
Registered
29,623 Posts
If you search enough, you're going to find guys that have had issues with probably every single self defense load out there in their XD45s. I know I've seen problems with Gold Dots, HST, and Ranger-T...and that's just off the top of my head.

As Fred says, you gotta find out for yourself; just because someone else had issues with a given load doesn't mean you will...and vice versa.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I've tried Remington Golden Sabre, Magtech Guardian Gold, WWB Personal Defense, and Federal Hydra-Shoks and havent had a single one give me a problem....man i love my .45 XD....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts