Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a source of online ammo outside of Texas to avoid the taxes. That eliminates Ammo To Go and Cheaper Than Dirt. Midway has high prices and a limited selection. Ammoman only sells 500+ packages. I have about decided to just wait for a Pasadena or Houston gun show in a few weeks and pay the tax but avoid the shipping charge. Can you save money online if you are only buying a few boxes?

·
Premium Member
9,363 Posts
what kinda ammo are you looking for? AIM Surplus and Wideners has good prices on brass 5.56mm M193 right now ~35cents/round

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
I am looking for a source of online ammo outside of Texas to avoid the taxes. That eliminates Ammo To Go and Cheaper Than Dirt. Midway has high prices and a limited selection. Ammoman only sells 500+ packages. I have about decided to just wait for a Pasadena or Houston gun show in a few weeks and pay the tax but avoid the shipping charge. Can you save money online if you are only buying a few boxes?
I thought about the tax thing too. By the time I added up the time it took to find "a better deal" with everything I wanted from a reputable company... it was a losing battle.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
If you are buying less than 500rds of practice ammo, just go to a local discaounter like Walmart & pay the tax. SHipping will eat you alive. Now if you are going to buy 5K rounds, having it shipped makes more sense.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
If you are buying less than 500rds of practice ammo, just go to a local discaounter like Walmart & pay the tax. SHipping will eat you alive. Now if you are going to buy 5K rounds, having it shipped makes more sense.
I just recieved a UPS shipment of 500 rounds of 7.62 x 51 that cost $13. My order at Ammunition to go is $7.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want a few boxes of 40 and a box or two each of 38, 9mm, and 44spcl. All new and hollow point. Sounds like the gun show is the best way to go.

·
Premium Member
7,466 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts