Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made it to the range today and on the way home hit Academy & Gander Mountain looking for a specific .22 load. All pistol, rifle and shotgun shelves were absolutely full except for rimfire. Some HMR & .22 WMR but hardly any.22. So I guess we are catching up on CF but rimfire still behind. Hopefully this is the light at the end of the tunnel.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Smith and Wesson came out with earning this week. The company's earning are down dramatically because of over supply issues. they built more guns and long rifles than they could sell...and now they have huge inventories. I think you are on to something...the gun/ammo hoarding could be coming to an end.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yep. Everything is falling off the shelves (except 22lr and 380 around here) and ammo sales are coming back.

Prices on 9mm are only 15-18% above the lowest I've ever encountered... (price had doubled during the last 24 months).

Not too bad...

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I'm not surprised if Gander has ammo because I walked into the one in Lewisville last week and the prices were on par with CheaperThanDirtbags. I was the only one in the store at 6pm... and I quickly figured out why.

I did cross the street and hit Academy and finally caught my breath again. Thanks to Academy for being reasonable.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah...as a complete sidenote (can I hijack my own thread?) ;)
I dont know how GM stays in business. I cant remember yhe last time I ever bought anything there besides an occasional box of .22 or a set of scope rings. Their gun prices are laughable.

·
Registered
508 Posts
when i was in Northern Virginia the only decent prices I found at GM were on sales...actually did buy a few hundred rounds of .223 on sale for good prices (this was 3 years ago though).

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
///MCoupé;4554371 said:
I'm not surprised if Gander has ammo because I walked into the one in Lewisville last week and the prices were on par with CheaperThanDirtbags. I was the only one in the store at 6pm... and I quickly figured out why.

I did cross the street and hit Academy and finally caught my breath again. Thanks to Academy for being reasonable.
Odd last time I was in North little Rock Gander was cheaper then Academy so I stocked up on 25 lbs of 5.56 and 22cal

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Am with you guys..... pretty much everything except .380 and .22lr seems to be pretty much available at reasonable prices.

For Gander.... also agree, for the most part, but just in the last week they had a sale on .22lr that was pretty good pricing... bought several different brands in 330, 500, and 550 boxes all for under $.06 per round.... with just one of those boxes bringing the average to about $.055 per round. (None of it was Rem. Golden Bullet or Thunderbolt) --- about went into shock when I saw the good prices.

Hopefully prices and availability will continue to moderate for everything very soon.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
You know, Cabella's is building a store pretty close to me. I wonder what you all think of their stores and what kind of ammo and powder you might be finding in their other locations?

I would love to have a place close to me that was decent with supplies so I could experiment with things again.

·
Registered
6,229 Posts
I am starting to see lots more 22 ammo in the walmart stores. cases.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts