Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have kEL-tec PF9 AND A xdm 3.8 9mm I'm using WWB for both however only 95% reliable. I need a CC round for both. Any Ideas . I'm not looking for a super high power round hovever a reliable round . Can you also tell me where on line I can get best deal.I know my XDM will handle everything however the PF9 does not like +p ammo.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
My pf-9 prefers 115 grain. I stuff it with gold dot standard pressure. I carry HST 147 grain (standard pressure) in full size 9s. Maybe your pf-9 will be more accurate than mine with a 124 standard pressure round. Then you could carry that in the xdm as well. I just decided that I had to go with two different rounds for mine because of my pf-9's accuracy with light bullets. I have heard many on the KTOG forum say the same about theirs. In a full size gun, the heavy HSTs are impressive. Lots of great rounds out there though, see what works for you. Aside from HSTs and GDs, many also like the dpx, pdx1, and ranger rounds. I would trust any of these that ran well in a particular gun.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Maybe its not the ammo that is 95% reliable. However when all else fails use a FNJ Round nose. Keep trying until you find one that works. Every gun likes something different.

·
Premium Member
127,144 Posts
OP, haven't you asked this question before?

·
Registered
432 Posts
As others have said you should try out several different brands of ammo in different bullet weights. I'd bet that your XDm will be good with most anything but that Kel-Tec may only like a few.

Defense ammo should definatly be a hollow point round. I like Cor-Bon or Double Tap Ammo with the 115gr Barnes XPB all copper bullet.

·
Registered
29,595 Posts
I'm just going to give you the same answer I gave when you asked the same question here.

Short answer: there is no "best" round.

Longer answer: some rounds are better than others. One of these rounds that runs 100% in YOUR pistol (not what works great in someone in an interwebz forum's pistol) is a good choice.

So...read this: Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

It will not only tell you what some of the better perfroming 9mm rounds are, but it will tell you WHY they are better. All of the rounds listed are all fairly equal, performance-wise; however, you may find some are considerably more expensive than others and/or harder to find. Choose one of the loads listed, buy a couple of boxes, load all of your carry/SD magazines to full capacity, and see if they shoot 100% reliably out of YOUR pistol, and with what YOU consider acceptible accuracy and control. If they do...you've found a good carry round for your pistol. Don't fret about what works in my pistol, or anybody else's.

Note that Hornady Critical Defense are not on the list; that's for good reason. As noted above, they are a gimmick round with a splashy ad campaign, and a lot of folks got sucked into believing the hype.

Don't, as Public Enemy told us, Believe The Hype.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Go to http://thektog.org.

This is a group of Keltec owners who have solved just about all the problems Keltecs may have. There's a "Fluff 'n' Buff" that may benefit your gun. Some KT's need it, some don't. Give it a try, it's easy. Alternatively, send it back to KT - their CS is excellent.

Big BS on the PF9 not liking +p ammo. I ran Speer Gold Dot +p and Corbon DPX +p through mine constantly, and never had a burp. Over 2,000 rounds - no failures.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm not sure about the kel tec but your XDM will take whatever you put in it, WWB has been going downhill fast lately. federal hydrashoks, golden sabres, black talons(I dont know what they call them now) are good too if you can find them anywhere,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts