Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Cool I thought I saw someone posting about it the other day. Only reason I asked is because in my G30 I've been shooting nothing but 230gr as well, then last week I tried some of my reloads with 184 gr XTP bullets and my groups were way better. I mean they were supper tight groups. Thought it might have todo with short barrel compared to bullet weight.

·
Registered
29,874 Posts
Cool I thought I saw someone posting about it the other day. Only reason I asked is because in my G30 I've been shooting nothing but 230gr as well, then last week I tried some of my reloads with 184 gr XTP bullets and my groups were way better. I mean they were supper tight groups. Thought it might have todo with short barrel compared to bullet weight.
Could also be the difference between handloads and factory ammo...;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
My handloads (once tuned in to the gun) shoot tighter groups than any factory ammo.

When working up a load, it's pretty amazing how the group tightens when you hit the sweet spot.

And FWIW, I shoot 200gr lead cast out of my XDS. I did try to load 185XTP's and I couldn't get it to feed reliably.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
well I must be a natural because this was my first batch of these rounds and I was damn near shooting a 2" ragged hole and for a compact 45 I'll take that all day.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I love Barnes TAC_XPD all copper ammo. In 45 it's a 185g +p load. Higher velocity helps with the short barrel of the XDs 3.3

·
Registered
240 Posts
Gold dots are what,s going to help save me if needed .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.