Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question for XD 40 owners. I've had my XD for over a year now and ran about 2000 rounds thru the gun. I bought some factory reloads from a reputable source out here in Los Angeles and i had way too many FTF which never happened in the past.

After contacting the manufacturer here is the response i received.

"There are so many different bullet types but the 180 gr that we use is most standard. If your gun is new it might need some breaking in first. That being said, we have had other XD problems in the past but I believe its more a function of your firearm not the ammo. All of our ammo is case puched to factory specs and check with a chamber block before packaging. Your firearm my like a certain round head due to the feed ramp is what I am thinking.."

Is this true?

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
It has got to be the ammo. I have shot all commercial types as well as my own reloads with no issues.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
It could very well be your gun. How often do you take the striker out and clean it and the channel? How often do you put a drop of oil on the striker or near it? If the answers are never and sometimes --> you probably have gummed up the striker channel.

I would take the striker out and clean clean clean. Then spray the striker and in the channel ONLY with a "dry" lube that leaves no residue, 100% silicone spray or leave it bone dry. Bone dry is 10,000,000 times better than a drop of oil for rugged running.

If you take the slide all apart every 500-750 rounds and never oil the striker --> then it is likely the ammo. And I do mean ALL APART. Some just hose them with spray cleaner, but I've seen loads of goo left behind after that and don't believe that method will get a fouled gun clean.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Their response sounds like BS to me. They didn't even address the problem that your having, or did they?
Are we failing to feed, or fire?? I have had trouble with Failure to fire useing "factory reloads" from BVAC, that I have bought from Cheaper than Dirt.
If it is a feed problem, and have never had this kind of trouble before, it's their ammo, no dought!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Eric: Next time you go to the gun show check out the ammo guys from Grass Valley, my friend has been using them for years with no problems. I just purchased 500rds. of 40 for my XD tactial at the Del Mar gun show, i'll let you know if there are any problems.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have you ever used that particular kind of reload before? If so, did they cause you any problems?

What happens when you run factory fresh ammo through your gun?

If your pistol is performing well and as soon as you change ammo it begins to fail............... that is what the police refer to as a "clue."

Factory reloads are still reloads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts