·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I load up with Speer GD in everything I carry....9mm, .357sig, .45, .380
For the 9mm, I carry 124 gr.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
I also keep 124 grain Gold Dots for self defense.

Bought one box of 20. Shot 10 (one magazine in Sub Compact).

Hope to never shoot the other 10.

Just as much cheap range ammo as I can get my hands on.

Peace,
D.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have to go with the crowd on this one. I use Speer GD too in all of my handguns. Go with the +P designation in 9mm. My XDs can't get enough of it and it isn't too potent for range use. Excellent defensive round with proven stopping power. Great deals can be found on this ammunition at www.Ammoman.com. They have exceptional service there too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been running 124gr Hydrashoks, though I'll be switching those out for something else shortly. The Federals feed and shoot great, but the ballistics tests on the 9mm Hydrashok don't paint a pretty picture when shot through heavy clothing. Also, the muzzle flash is excessive.

·
Registered
580 Posts
i agree with UNREAL. i've been a hydrashok fan for a long time. but i'm seeing lately it doesn't quite keep up with the GD.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Winchester Ranger Talon 1487gr. This is le ammo, but I've heard ammolab sells it (unconfirmed). My former dept. has used it for years.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Yet another Hydrashok user here.

·
Registered
181 Posts
For my 9mm guns I like Winchester Ranger 127gr +p.

·
Registered
471 Posts
9mm Ranger SXT 127gr +p+. 1203ft/sec out of XD/Sub. 1250 Out of Ruger P89

45 Ranger SXT 230 +P. 998ft/sec out of USP.

10mm..dunno yet..haven't bought ammo. Will go with double tap and probably this weekend (until i get some double tap) 175gr Win Silver tip @1290ft/sec (don;t know what real velocities will be).

357Mag..Relaods. This was used at a camping gun. The loads were 158Gr XTP/HP chrono'ed at 1400ft/sec out of 4 inch Colt.

-Dana

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
124gr. Federal "Hydra-Shok"...Duty issue!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts