Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with "American Amunition" brand ammo? Sportsman's Guide has it on sale for $6.43 (50 rds. of 40 S&W). :mrgreen: That's dirt cheap. I've ordered from them before and they probably have the best ammo prices on the net. I'd love to get at least 500 rds for my next outing but not sure of the quality and reliability of this brand. Any comments would be appreciated. Here's a link: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=148322

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I shot their 9x19mm about 2 years ago and thought it was extremely filthy ammo...like Wolf. I shot it in my Hi-Power and 92 Beretta and it made the pistols look like I had shot a case through, after about 3 magazines.

Unless they have cleaned up their act, so to speak, I'd try another brand.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
My local range used to sell it. They banned it at the first of the year, they banned Wolf and all other steel cased at the same time too. The reason they give it caused too many problems in their gun. The guns were in the shop too often getting fixed while they were selling this stuff. They now sell S&B ammo as the economy ammo.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
As a rule, I stay away from three kinds of pistol ammo: Wolf, Blazer alloy cased stuff and that American Ammo fodder. Yeah, you might save a buck or two, but the clean-up is really not worth it.

(Wolf is excellent ammo in the SKS, but their pistol ammo is too filthy and the steel cases play hell with the extractors on 1911s.

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
101 Posts
I purchased 100rds from Sprotsmans or CheaperThanDirt and I had a lot of problems. One round was pushed in and my slide locked up. I also had a lot of FTE's. WWB is the only thing I shoot now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts