Springfield XD Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Why would you say that? Because peoole will keep buying stuff? Maybe. I think there are a lot of broke people that probably have other priorities. Or not...

I definitely picked the wrong time to decide to get into hand loading....
People will blow this stimulus on junk and restaurants like normal. Given the run on guns and ammo, I'd expect it to continue.

I've been thinking people would have been listing ammo to pay there bills, but instead ammo is still flying off the shelves.

·
Administrator
17,314 Posts
People will blow this stimulus on junk and restaurants like normal. Given the run on guns and ammo, I'd expect it to continue.

I've been thinking people would have been listing ammo to pay there bills, but instead ammo is still flying off the shelves.
Have you been watching Gun Broker. Everythung is foing 3-4-5 times normal. You can tell these are not retailers. There is so much money, people are coming off their stocks. A coworker knows a guy that bought a pallet of 308 years ago. He sold it. Probably doubled/trippled his money. He wasnt raping everyone. Primers are going 5 times...

Reactions: firecadet613

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Just drove through a relatively small town that I'm through maybe 2x a year. There's two places to buy ammo. One, proudly states they will not gouge their customers on ammo pricing...and have very little of anything. The other, proudly has signs up letting all know they have 9mm for 38.99 / box, NO LIMIT....and have a bunch.

Now this is where the funny part comes in, and I swear, guys at the second shop, which is relatively new, and more of a 'tactical supply' place are chatting up a friend who apparently got there just before I did. Worker guy was gloating about how smart they were to be selling ammo at such inflated prices and what a killing they'd been making.

Hey, good for them, but don't tell me the price for the distributor has gone up.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
But hey, keep flapping those lips. You seem to know everything.
And it appears you too believe to know so much, flapping lips must be contagious right? :)

October 2020 I bought my first AR-style rifle (LWRC brand) because I could see the writing on the proverbial wall Trump was on his way out. I'm fairly confident banning guns will NOT come to be but in case the assault on "assault rifles" continues I at least have one.

Ammo is another story and yes its not cheap. I've so far paid $962 per 1000 rounds Federal Premium 55gr XM193 rounds. Have also bought more defensive rounds for crazy money too BUT the LWRC is worthless without ammo.

I've also "over bought" Magpul Gen 3 30 round magazines---the LWRC came with 10 of the Gen 2 versions.

I knew going into the LWRC purchase it wouldn't be cheap in any aspect, was a bit shocked to find one in Texas for a fair price. Local shops wouldn't even talk to me about one if they didn't have something in stock, they'd not even consider a back order. Apart from spending what is disposable cash its a good "investment" and should SHTF I have a decent amount of .223 and .45ACP ammo for my weapons. ( I shoot nothing but those two calibers.)

I hate having to spend so much but the "cost" of NOT having ammo is a price I don't want to pay or endure. Sure it sucks paying just about double for ammo, I'm NOT prepared to "wait it out" so have to endure the recent pricing. I'm sure manufacturers and retailers will most likely NOT reduce their prices, having seen the American public WILL pay the higher prices.

IMHO anyway---continue your storms in a teapot about whatever is it stimulates you. :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
Ammo is another story and yes its not cheap. I've so far paid $962 per 1000 rounds Federal Premium 55gr XM193 rounds. Have also bought more defensive rounds for crazy money too BUT the LWRC is worthless without ammo.

I've also "over bought" Magpul Gen 3 30 round magazines---the LWRC came with 10 of the Gen 2 versions.
$962 per 1,000 rounds?

A guy on our local gun board has two cases asking $750 each and will ship.... so far they are sitting!

If you know where to look, you can still today get Gen 2 30 rounders, 10 for $100.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Before you buy any more Gen M3s, check to see that your gun functions properly with those mags.

There was a time a couple of years before you bought yours when the LWRC lowers would not play well with Gen M3 PMags.

·
Registered
290 Posts
SG Ammo 2021 20 Round Box - 9mm Luger 147 Grain HST JHP Hollow Point Federal Premium Ammo - P9HST2S - Limit 4 $35.95 $1.80 rd
SG Ammo 2017 50 Round Box - 9mm Luger Federal HST 147 Grain Hollow Point LE Ammo P9HST2 P9HST2 $19.95
SG Ammo 2020 100 Round Box - 9mm Luger Winchester FMJ 115 grain Value Pack Ammo - USA9MMVP - $51.95

Sig 2021 9MM, 147GR, ELITE V-CROWN, JHP - 50 COUNT $59.95 $1.20 rd
Sig 2021 9MM, 115GR, ELITE BALL, FMJ - 50 COUNT $22.95

·
Registered
632 Posts
Prices or Priceless?

SG Ammo 2021 20 Round Box - 9mm Luger 147 Grain HST JHP Hollow Point Federal Premium Ammo - P9HST2S - Limit 4 $35.95 $1.80 rd

Casket $10,000.00 +, kids living without you?

How much does a life really cost? How much is it worth to you?
February or March of last year I did a top up order of that....a case of 50rd boxes. That's the price per box I paid....$34.95/box.

I should have bought more!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Got an email notification today of some 9mm 115gr brass cased target rounds priced at $17 a box. It is remanufactured. Thinking of biting the bullet (pun intended) and ordering 10 boxes. How I miss the days not so long ago when I could find new 9mm 115 target rounds for $10 box in the local outdoor stores.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts