Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with the Speed Rings? The benefit is obvious, but I worry about accuracy (as opposed to regular 3 dot night sights). The single dot on the rear sight is weird. Also, I can't seem to find a picture that shows an actual perspective of looking through the sights. Ghost rings on a shotgun is one thing, but pistols are another.

Also, what's up with Dan's guide rod and the Wolff spring on pistol-gear.com? What's the difference between the factory rod and spring? The site isn't very specific.

Sorry about all the questions. I don't know much about XD's yet.

PS, I'm new here and this is my first post. I just bought a 5" Tactical XD40 (green/black) today. I put about 300 rounds through it at the range and here I am already talking about accessories. lol I like it so far. No misfeeds or jams or anything of that nature. I've had a couple Glocks in the past (19 and 23) and this beats them both, IMO. All of the advantages of a Glock, plus even more. I didn't shoot too well today, but I am used to my USP and P229, so I'm sure I'll do better next time.

My only complaint is the stiffness of the factory 12rd mags. I almost broke my freakin thumb trying to get that last round in there. I guess they will loosen up. I'm probably going to order a speed loader anyway.

·
Registered
813 Posts
The guiderod is preference. The factory captive system is ok, but for me, it's extra parts that can go wrong. I have the Service with Don's rod and #22 spring. The recoil is tamer with the stronger spring. It's worth the money.

As for the Mags, load them and let them sit with all 12 rounds when not in use. They will loosen up both like this and as you use them.

As for the rings I haven't had a chance to use them on anything but others here use them and will probably fill you in when they see this post :)

Welcome to the site and congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've only gotten in two range sessions since installing Speed Rings, and already my overall accuracy is almost back to normal. Accuracy on double-taps and rapid fire has actually improved because the front barely leaves the ring (if at all), providing for much faster re-acquisition.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to know. Thanks for the responses. From what little information I have been able to gather about these speed sights, the general sentiment is that it does not affect accuracy once you get used to them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts